Hard reject for a horror track

Was going for a tv/movie trailer with an American Horror Story vibe in mind. I was almost certain this track would be accepted but then again, my equipment and monitors are set up temporarily and my conditions aren’t that great so maybe I’m not hearing my mixes well enough. Any negative things stick out to you guys in this track?

Only response I got was: This submission does not meet AudioJungle’s commercial production (samples/recording/mixing/mastering) standard, and its commercial composition/arrangement standard, unfortunately.

I think idea, arrangment, mixing and production at all are very good. It is realy cool background or opening to the thriller or horror video.

It is always a shame when the music is good, but it was rejected :pensive:

1 Like

Yea, no clue where to begin because the track sounds good to me. Maybe more variation in the melody? I don’t know.

I would have probably rejected this track as well if i was a reviewer. Not because its bad, but because they have to follow certain guidelines. I had alot of tracks rejected that were constructed/arranged a similar way. You only have a so called part A in the track with the melody that doesn’t really change and becomes not the lead melody, but the bsck melody. I would try making it shorter with more variations. AABA or ABAB, i hope u know what i meant.

very spooky, love it. But not an expert to offer any improvement suggestions!

Good points, I’ll play around with the arrangement. I was trying to make the drums more of the focal point and the melody just creep along but I guess the reviewers like a certain arrangement. Thanks for the reply.

i think the track is really good, i got one that was related to horror things and it was rejected as well, could be the drums sound as well? like doesn’t have velocities variations? i don’t know, for me sounds good.
best!

Hi, @RockItPro ! I think your track rejected, because it’s very repetative without any variation, but the vibe is good, so develop this motif, add some instruments, effects and you’ll be approved.

Yea, I think I’ll rework the arrangement and add more instruments, I can hear a bit of repetitiveness in the track now. Thanks for the feedback.

As for me, it sounds nice and acceptable.
For my taste, I want more reverb on percussion, know it sounds a little dry
But its good - have no Idea why it is rejected.

1 Like