Guest Checkout on Envato Market

Hi all, today we’re adding the option of Guest Checkout to the Envato Market checkout. This new feature gives buyers the option to checkout faster if they are new to Envato Market. We of course always want to welcome new people to the Envato community so when customers complete a guest checkout we provide the option to easily upgrade to a full account at any time :slight_smile:

We’ll be testing this new feature over the next few weeks so you may or may not see it when reaching the checkout signed out of your account.

You can read more about how Guest Checkout works on the Help Center:

https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/217397206-A-Guide-to-Using-Guest-Checkout

If you’ve got any questions shout out in this thread. Here are some answers to questions you might have:

Can existing users check out as a guest?

No. If an email is already associated to an Envato account it can not be used to checkout as a guest. You will be prompted to sign in to complete your checkout.

Is support included for guest customers?

Yes support is included for items that offer it, however in some cases guest customers may need to claim their Envato account to access support.

How do guest customers access item support?

All customers will receive their purchase code in their order confirmation email and this can be used to verify a purchase where necessary. If item support is provided via the contact form on Envato Market then guests will need to claim their Envato account to access support.

How do guests claim their Envato account?

The order confirmation email for all guest purchases contains a link to claim their full Envato account. Once a username and password is chosen guests will have full access to their download history and the Envato ecosystem.

EDIT: Below I’ll add answers from questions in the thread so it’s easy to read :blush:

Will I still receive an Affiliate referral payment from Guest checkouts?

Yes! Guest checkout transactions follow the same affiliate rules as other purchases. See more about the program and the full terms here: https://videohive.net/affiliate_program

22 Likes

Top job.

Will this show differently on our invoices? and user details update accordingly after account creation?

1 Like

Guest customers still need to provide a billing address so there is no change to the information provided on invoices.

2 Likes

Great news! A welcome new feature. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great new feature, hope it helps drive more buyers :smiley:

1 Like

What will happen if we refer someone and they choose to checkout as a guest? Will affiliates still get a cut from guest users?

Yes! Affiliate payments work the same for guest checkout and if applicable a payment will be made :smiley:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Was a bit worried about this part. Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

Great news ! looks beautiful !!!
I think it encourages them to buy faster , very wise !!!:grinning:

Awesome, this can increase the sales on the market.

Fantastic. Can’t wait to see this fully implemented!

Cheers

1 Like

Cool feature, bring it up! :heart_eyes:

Great new feature, thanks.

Great news !

Great news! I think this really helps! :slight_smile:

sounds great :smiley: I’m glad you guys are hacking the market better

Is this already up? I don’t see the guest checkout option while accessing the site in incognito mode.

We’ll be testing this new feature over the next few weeks so you may or may not see it when reaching the checkout signed out of your account.

2nd paragraph in the opening post

2 Likes

Very nice! Keep improving the marketplace! :slight_smile:

Thanks, who reads after the title :smiley: