Guest Checkout on Envato Market

Hey Guys,

How are guest customers made aware of how support works? Is this information given directly to them through the purchase? Or do they have to go hunting for it in a help file?

We and other authors already talk about the disconnect between the marketplace and the author support, and often get buyers who simply do not understand how it works. They see the marketplace and the author as one, no matter how many steps we take to inform them.

So while this is good and will bring in more customers, it can also be a burden if they are not made aware of how support works.

I see the answers to the questions above, however, how is this information given to these guest buyers?

Thanks

Great news,Thanks!:slight_smile:

Hey there :slight_smile:

Guest buyers are emailed a link to create their Envato account after making a purchase. We highlight that this allows them access to download their items again later and to contact authors. We’re monitoring support tickets coming into Envato to see if there’s any further confusion around this. If you see any on your own support channels please let me know so we can understand if we should make further changes.

Cheers,
Luke.

2 Likes

Thanks Luke, we’ll keep our eye on it and let you know if anything comes up.

Cheers

1 Like

I’m afraid it will be very convenient for people who likes to make reversal after purchase -no need to re-register and so on… Envato promised more protection from fraud to sellers and instead of this it makes guest checkout…

1 Like

first guest purchase yeey :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s a great feature, thnak’s

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.