FYI: WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress not working with WP v4.9

Older versions of WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress (formerly Visual Composer) does not work with the new version of Wordpress (4.9).

Themes with this plugin need to be updated with WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress v5.4.4

1 Like

Hello,

Can you provide more details? What is actually the problem?

Have you installed it on a purchased theme?

WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress is bundled with themes on multiple sites I have.

When using the plugin to build pages, it is not functioning the way it is supposed to. For example, when you insert a row, the add element dialog box does not close on its own. The row is inserted, but you cannot tell since it is covered up by the dialog box. After clicking “X”, it closes. Then, when you insert a basic Text Block, same thing - dialog box does not automatically close. You can input text and click save, but when you save draft or publish, it does not even save. Reverts back to empty page. I haven’t tried too many other elements, but if it cannot perform the very basic, why bother? I’ve tried on different browsers as well. Chrome seems to work a bit better, but still not fully functioning properly.

v5.4.4 fixes everything. I am not a Developer, so I did not troubleshoot the plugin itself. Theme Authors just need to make the update available so pages can be edited using this plugin.

If you look at others commenting about this issue, you will see that it’s a know issue.

Most of themes I am using have been updated to WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress v5.4.4, but still having issues with elements not functioning properly.

For two themes I have v5.4.5 seemed to remedy the issue.

Getting super frustrated with authors who are unresponsive to sellers with paid support!

STILL having issues with Visual Composer plugin for this theme!

Author said they would update the Visual Composer plugin 5 moths ago and it is STILL not updated!

I have had problems updating the website using the old version of this plugin for over 6 months now! Currently at v5.2.

Even in their change log it says is was updated, but it is NOT in download package!

31.10.2016 – Updated New Version 1.3.9 – Fixed some small issues.

• Fix error general-template.php on line 146
  • Updated Visual Composer newest version
  • Fix CSS Issues: Website displays incorrectly on browsers.

According to Envato terms:
Item updates to ensure ongoing compatibility and to resolve security vulnerabilities
If a supported item includes a third party asset (e.g., a plugin), or is intended to work with third party software or platforms (e.g. a CMS), authors are expected to ensure the item remains compatible if the software or platform version is updated. This includes if the third party asset has a security update. Item updates of this type will generally be delivered as version updates available to all buyers. Choosing a supported item (or upgrading to extended support) ensures you’re getting an item that’s backed by the author, and enables our authors to maintain their items in these ways.

I am thoroughly disgusted with this author and lack of a simple update.