Further tests on Market Search / Category / Home pages

We all in this situation
I think it’s pointless to upload new items until they make another search.Much more friendly to new items.

6 Likes

I found something a bit unfair with this kind of search display.

The newest items are made by authors who are actually active and ready to improve the marketplace with new stock. But when it’s sorted by the ranking or trending items (that in fact are not trending) it’s not always active authors with great skills that are displayed. You even have authors who are not active and didn’t upload anything new since a long time, and they are displayed in the 3 first pages. So these authors are rewarded with more visibility than those who are active and aware of new trends in design ?

To Envato team who work on this, i can provide you real feedbacks on my situation with this items display when we click on logo catergory. It’s not algorithm, but it’s my real life on the marketplace:

My sales are decreasing and presently when i sell logos, they are not the new ones. Before these tests, my sales on newest logos was really good.

So for my company, it’s not really good :frowning:
Hope it will not stay like that…

I know that Envato is a really professional company and they will take the best decision…

7 Likes

I was recommended to this market as the one where the new templates are. I see only old, not relevant to me. It is not comfortable.
I want to support the authors of the new templates.

7 Likes

You want to buy a new car and you go to a dealer for buying this car
Do you expect to see :

• Old model car
  • Old car but with a good rating
  • Old car but with good sales in the past
  • Trending car (but random)
  • New model car (with the same price as the older car)

What kind of cars that the dealer expose in the show room when you walk in ?

12 Likes

New model car (with the same price as the older car)

4 Likes

Bestsellers will still prevail, but at least give one chance for new authors!

6 Likes

Hey folks,

Just jumping in here to quell some concerns.

The current test that we’re running isn’t actually one that we’re considering rolling out for permanent production. Instead it’s a temporary test that’s intended to gather data around how the customer base responds to different types of search displays. It’s an information gathering initiative that’s part of a broader series of experiments. It’s not a proposed “option” for how search might one day function.

13 Likes

Thank you for response @matthewcoxy. How long it will last?

3 Likes

Why is it necessary to test buyer responses for a search mode that is not meant to be used anyway?
Doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt, I guess some of our concerns are quelled now :slight_smile:

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, I think everybody can win if category/search results pages display BOTH high sellers and new items as default. Hell, why not run through ALL the search algorithms in one juicy presentation on the first page, like so:

Top sellers: 1,2,3
Best Match: 4,5,6
New Items: 7,8,9
Trending Items: 10,11,12

…and loop.

If load speed is an issue it should at least be possible to server cache category pages and common search phrases once a day. I can’t think of any other drawbacks, but maybe you can :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed, we should to try such a test.:slight_smile:

Thats the good opinion!

Hello! I am a new author and my sales are not great . But that’s not it. Lack of sales can be due to many factors. After all, it is the market, the competition and that’s fine. But now new elements remain without views , although they used to be. And such situation on all the new authors that I know. It’s demoralizing.
How to succeed if your work no one sees?

It is pageview of my corporate theme and i have never seen a situation like this ! Whats wrong in themeforest ? There is no sale & no views ? Is this because of envato element ?

Just wait until audiojungle items added to Envato Elements and a “customer” gets hundreds of audio tracks for just $29 :wink:

The answer is “YES”

I just hope the Envato folks get their data and this little experiment can end soon.

2 Likes

I hope too, because it’s awful, no sales and search is an absolutely mess :disappointed:

3 Likes

I think this test until the end of this week.