Freepik Copyright

Hallow Everyone i Have A Question

Can I Use A Vector From Freepik In My Template Or Motion Graphic Files ??

That’s a no…

“Except as expressly authorized under Section 7, the reproduction or distribution, as well as transformation, producing any derivative works of any kind, public communication, making available, extraction, reuse or any other use of the Website, the Services, the FreePik Content or any of its parts, is strictly forbidden.”

1 Like

Thank you for help

Hi, I want to know that there are many authors are using freepik contents for their templates and you are saying no. Can you tell me why? Please suggest me should i use freepik elements just for template i will not sell in my template?

Hi, I want to know that there are many authors are using freepik contents for their templates and you are saying no. Can you tell me why? Please suggest me should i use freepik elements just for template i will not sell in my template?

Why? See above. Why other authors are doing it? It’s not always possible for reviewers to know where every asset included in an item comes from… and what the rules are for that item. As for including in the preview of your item, that’s different, but you’d still need to check the license. Sounds like it might be ok in this instance.

Thanks for reply. I want to include some elements in my preview only. I will not include that in final file. Is that ok?

Depends on the license. Can’t really check, I’m in some French steak house in Cambodia. Will look into it tomorrow, but the license terms should let you know if it’s OK or not. If it’s fine for commercial use them you’re usually fine to include it in the preview

Each freepik item has on its item page a copyright notice, somethink like:
Free for commercial use with attribution / How to attribute?

click on the “How to attribute” link to check what is allowed / not allowed

It looks like different images have different licenses applied so you need to be clear each time.

One we saw which said free for commercial with attribution requires you to…

• include a line of code (provided) in your website so rather than including the image in a folder on your site it needs to be pulled through from their site.

• these images still must not be distributed in the downloaded version of the site and can only be used in the demo.