I would like to share with you one of my idea. I think many of you have heard about Fusion. It’s a professional tool for VFX, motion design and compositing. I place this software somewhere between After Effects and Nuke. Unfortunately Fusion is not so popular, but it doesn’t mean it has lack of functionality. As an example, watch this tutorial:
And there are many other things where Fusion is even better then After Effects. It requires completely different way of thinking, and this can generate new ideas of how we could create templates.
But the most important thing - Fusion is a free software. If Envato create new Fusion Template category on Videohive, we unlock huge audience:
- Everyone, who are new in video industry, can use Fusion templates without buying any software.
- Photographers, who pay only for Photoshop and have no access to After Effects.
- Other people who don’t want to pay $60 each month for Create Cloud.
- 3D artists and animators who use Fusion as a compositing tool.
- Linux users. Yes, Fusion has Linux version.
- DaVinci Resolve users.
As you see there are many people outside Adobe Create Cloud. And Fusion Template category could reach really new audience for us and Envato. If you think that it makes sense, please, like this post. Don’t be shy to share it with your mam and dad, so they can like it, too. Also feel free to share your thoughts, and thoughts of your dog. If we create enough buzz, Envato will take this request serious and we will get this category.
Thanks for attention!
UPD: As Fusion is also a part of DaVinci Resolve, it may be better to bring category for DaVinci Resolve. Some VH competitors already done this.