Failed to connect to the Envato API.

i have a LOCAL NGINX webserver on Virtualmachine running ubuntu 20.
if i try to connect envato plugin and add token, i have an error:

Failed to connect to the Envato API. Please contact the hosting providier with this message: “The Envato Market WordPress plugin requires TLS version 1.2 or above, please confirm if this hosting account supports TLS version 1.2 and allows connections from WordPress to the host api.envato.com”.

Additional Error Details:
An error occured checking token permissions.
cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.envato.com port 443: Connection timed out
{“request_url”:“https://api.envato.com/whoami",“response_code”:"",“response_cf_ray”:"",“response_server”:"”}

No ufw and other firewall installed.

Hi,

please contact your webhosting support and let them know the error. I think the issue is from your hosting and they can check it for you to get a solution.

Thanks

May be you are using skype which is using port 443 or any other software using the same port.

It’s a local vm used only as webserver.
How to check what app is using 443?

for skype:

• Go to Tools > Options from the dropdown menu.
  • Select “Advanced” in the left-hand column, last option.
  • Select “Connection”

other apps has around the same settings.

i have no skype installed!

i solved, it was just a misconfiguration on /etc/network/interfaces cause of “Host only” configuration for VirtualBox.

but i still have:

Failed to connect to the Envato API. Please contact the hosting providier with this message: “The Envato Market WordPress plugin requires TLS version 1.2 or above, please confirm if this hosting account supports TLS version 1.2 and allows connections from WordPress to the host api.envato.com”.

problem

(TLS is enabled on NGINX webserver)

and for avada token system shows me error:

Token non valido, il server ha risposto con il codice 403.(Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 17:10:46 GMT | CF-RAY: 5e0a32495acbfc95-FCO)

EDIT: I solved the envato api problem, adding ssl certs and opening 443 port on nginx configuration.

I solved the envato api problem, adding ssl certs and opening 443 port on nginx configuration.

issues for token for AVADA still there.

Somebody knows how to solve?

Response codes

• 403 means the personal token is incorrect or does not have the required permission(s).

AVADA theme Register Your Purchase Via Token Key: