Envato’s marketing team are putting together our annual Mid Year Sale campaign that will feature 30-50% off items from ThemeForest and CodeCanyon.
Selected items will be promoted on a dedicated page within each participating marketplace, enabling customers to browse sale items using the full range of Envato Market filters. Our campaign will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.
NEW Extended Offers! This year our Mid Year Sale campaign will include extended offers. When you nominate your items for the main sale, you can choose to extend your discount to the end of the month and take advantage of additional traffic going to the all-sale items page. The extended offer campaign will be promoted on-site, through email and affiliates.
- Main Sale: Live between Monday 20 June 2am (UTC) and Friday 24 June 1:59pm (UTC) 2022.
- Extended Offers: Live between Friday 24 June 2pm (UTC) and Thursday 30 June 1:59pm (UTC) 2022.
- Wednesday 11 May: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Saturday 21 May: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Wednesday 1 - Monday 6 June: During these dates we will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
- Monday 20 June: Promotional prices are automatically applied to campaign items at 12am UTC. The campaign page is live from 2am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
- Friday 24 June: Items that were not nominated for extended offers will be returned to their original price automatically at 1:59pm UTC. Items that did nominate for extended offers will remain on sale.
- Thursday 30 June: Promotional campaign ends at 1:59pm UTC. All extended offer item prices will be returned to their original price automatically at this time.
Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here
For the Mid Year Sale campaign, nominations are not required for VideoHive, AudioJungle and GraphicRiver as we will be driving traffic from selected channels to the video, audio and graphics “items on sale” filters during the campaign. Authors with video, audio or graphics items are welcome to discount their own items during the campaign period (at a discount of your choice), using the Manage Discount tool.
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
Follow the instructions in this thread:
For the main sale, there will be dedicated campaign pages on each participating marketplace (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon), which will display campaign items for the item type of that marketplace. This method allows customers to browse the sale items using the full range of Envato Market item filters.
Extended offer items will be displayed amongst all sale items, and authors of campaign items will be supplied campaign banners that can be placed on item pages and preview imagery.
The number of items selected for this campaign will be determined by the quantity and quality of the nominations. We encourage you to nominate the best of your portfolio!
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email between 1st - 6th June. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.
If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (31st May), please contact us via email@example.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.
If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.
On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
All item prices will be automatically changed at the specified times. Promotional prices are applied to campaign items on 20 June 12am (UTC).
After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on;
- Main sale only — Friday 24 June at 1:59pm UTC
- Extended offers — Thursday 30 June at 1:59pm UTC
You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
- We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign and additional information about the campaign process.
- We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
- The discount will be applied to campaign items and they are added to the campaign page as per timeline above.
There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our campaign landing page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.
No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.
The campaign discount only applies to the standard license type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (on 1st June), the extended license original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 24 June (main sale only) or 30th June (extended offers).
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.