Envato’s marketing team are putting together our Mid Year Sale campaign that will feature 30-50% off selected items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and VideoHive.
Selected items will be promoted on a dedicated page within each participating marketplace, enabling customers to browse sale items using the full range of Envato Market filters. Our campaign will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.
Our Mid Year Sale campaign will be live between Monday 21st June 2am (UTC) and Friday 25th June 2am (UTC) 2021.
Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here
- Tuesday 18 May: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Saturday 22 May: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Wednesday 2 - Tuesday 8 June: During these dates we will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
- Monday 21 June: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Mid Year Sale items at 1am UTC. The sale will be live on-site from 2am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
- Friday 25 June: Promotional campaign ends at 2am UTC and item prices will be returned to their original price automatically at 2:30am UTC.
For the Mid Year sale campaign, nominations are not required for AudioJungle and GraphicRiver as we will be driving traffic from selected channels to the audio and graphics sale filters during the campaign. Authors with audio or graphics items are welcome to discount their own items during the campaign period (at a discount of your choice), using the Manage Discount tool.
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
Follow the instructions in these threads:
- ThemeForest discount item nominations
- CodeCanyon discount item nominations
- VideoHive discount item nominations
There will not be a separate landing page on
envato.com for this campaign. All traffic will be sent to dedicated campaign filters within each participating marketplace (e.g. ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and VideoHive), which will display campaign items for the item type of that marketplace. This method allows customers to browse the sale items using the full range of Envato Market item filters.
During our 2021 March Sale we used this method to display campaign items on dedicated campaign filters within each participating marketplace. This strategy had a positive impact on customers browsing behaviour:
- There was a significant reduction of bounce and exit rates, meaning that customers were more engaged to stay and browse the sale.
- On average, customers remained on Market significantly longer and viewed 10x more pages per session, which provided more visibility to campaign items.
We will continue to develop and optimize these pages to improve them as we run each new campaign.
The number of items selected for this campaign will be determined by the quantity and quality of the nominations. We encourage you to nominate the best of your portfolio!
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for the promotion via email between Wednesday 2nd and Tuesday 8th June. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for the promotion.
If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (2nd June), please contact us via email@example.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.
If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.
On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the campaign will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
All item prices will be automatically changed. Promotional prices are applied to Mid Year Sale items on 21st June, 1am (UTC).
After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on 25th June, 2:30am (UTC) You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account, with confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign.
- We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
- The discount will be applied to Mid Year Sale items on 21st June, 1am (UTC)
There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our on-site sale page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.
No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.
The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (between 2nd - 8th June), the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 25th June, 2:30am (UTC).
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.