Envato’s marketing team are putting together our annual March Sale campaign that will feature 25-50% off items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and VideoHive.
Selected items will be promoted on a dedicated page within each participating marketplace, enabling customers to browse sale items using the full range of Envato Market filters. Our campaign will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.
Our March Sale campaign will be live between Monday 21 March 1am (UTC) and Friday 25 March 12:59pm (UTC) 2022.
- Thursday 10 February: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Sunday 19 February: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Wednesday 2 - Monday 7 March: During these dates we will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
- Sunday 20 March: Promotional prices are automatically applied to campaign items at 11pm UTC.
- Monday 21 March: The campaign page is live from 1am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
- Friday 25 March: Promotional campaign ends at 12:59pm UTC and item prices will be returned to their original price automatically at this time.
Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here
AudioJungle and GraphicRiver Update
For the March Sale campaign, nominations are not required for AudioJungle and GraphicRiver as we will be driving traffic from selected channels to the audio and graphics sale filters during the campaign. Authors with audio or graphics items are welcome to discount their own items during the campaign period (at a discount of your choice), using the Manage Discount tool.
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
Follow the instructions in these threads:
- ThemeForest discount item nominations
- CodeCanyon discount item nominations
- VideoHive discount item nominations
There will be a campaign homepage on envato.com that links to dedicated campaign filters on each participating marketplace (ThemeForest, CodeCanyon & VideoHive), which will display campaign items for the item type of that marketplace. This method allows customers to browse the sale items using the full range of Envato Market item filters.
The number of items selected for this campaign will be determined by the quantity and quality of the nominations. We encourage you to nominate the best of your portfolio!
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email between 2nd - 7th March. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.
If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (2nd March), please contact us via email@example.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.
If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.
On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
All item prices will be automatically changed at the specified times. Promotional prices are applied to campaign items on 20th March 11pm (UTC).
After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on 25th March, 12:59pm (UTC) You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
- We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign and additional information about the campaign process.
- We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
- The discount will be applied to campaign items and they are added to the campaign page as per timeline above.
There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our campaign landing page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.
No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.
The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (on 2nd March), the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 25th March.
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.