Envato Elements: Update & Future Plans

I’m talking about my GR sales only.

You have to provide Envato market item ID to upload template or theme to elements. Your template/theme must be available for sale on TF. These items are linked together.

That must be changed! Anyway, you can upload both versions to Envato and make only lite version available for Elements. Otherwise, it’s too risky for TF/CC authors work with Elements.

The simplest way would be to tottaly remove the exclusivity option, this would be the only way to remedy the current situation at least a bit, give authors a fighting chance. To show that envato cares about there authors.

11 Likes

All the new low quality content added (at least onto TF) + Envato Elements + ADP being abused, are all starting to get me worried too.

15 Likes

Are you guys trying to kill your own business or what? I’m assuming that Elements will basically be a dumping ground for all the themes that don’t sell and wont be supported, any author in their right mind would never agree to those terms.

Envato you’re evolving but not for the better, at least that’s the way I see it.

5 Likes

Exactly, that was my first thought - 2 markets, 1st is for better selling items, 2nd is for old and outdated items that don’t require support. It’s a win-win solution - instead of purchasing old items for the price of new ones, they can be downloaded just for some bucks. BUT! There is no specific requirements for Elements’ items (date of upload, minimum period of selling etc etc).

5 Likes

Hi @xavierrusso we have a few questions

1- If elements and market are aimed to different customer bases, why are we not seeing the same marketing campaign that elements has across the marketplaces, but for elements? We haven’t seen a single ad, intercom or header for the markets on elements?

2- Following the first question, why aren’t elements authors able to link their market profiles or even post any link on their items description? I mean, if both really have different customers, shouldn’t be this a no-brainer to help the markets grow?

3- Do you have some concrete numbers/ analytics to back the statement that everything is truly great in the marketplaces? because numbers are really low, we had almost a 50% decrease compared to months before the Elements launch, and you don’t have to believe us, just take a look at the weekly top selling numbers: this week the TOP seller in the PSD category has ONLY 4 sales! and to enter the top sellers of HTML you only need 12 sales. That seems like an all time low.

Thanks

4 Likes

Your portfolio is amazing. I would love to see when you do this and succeed even more. Because, you are saying this from last 6 months. Do once and for all. :smiley:

Yup we are in the process of developi g new themes. On other builders and sliders since vc does not alow selling on own markets. We only started about a month ago. Previous month we were doing research. Thank you. Cheers

Thank you for your update, I’m author from graphicriver in print category. However you told it’s effected small [quote=“xavierrusso, post:1, topic:72682”]
And in the three months since Elements’ launch GraphicRiver has continued strong sales, and is almost exactly where we had forecast it would be (using a model that didn’t account for Elements). In other words, the effect on GraphicRiver appears to be very, very small.
[/quote]

But on my site it’s effect a lot!!! Because I’m not invited for element’s, may be I don’t have too many item to participate. At this moment if I supposed to be a buyer and need a print magazine template which price is over 15$, then definitely I go for Elements because Elements offer me a bunch of items on just 25$ !!! You may say there are more magazine on marketplace better from Element’s.

But I’ll consider those 4900 item’s in Element’s not the single item’s in the marketplace’s. So definitely we lost some potential buyers from our sale.

1 Like

Envato Elements will make the market places great again :blush: :cry:

8 Likes

@xavierrusso Can you share real numbers instead of saying all is good? The reality doesn’t seem to agree with what you’re saying.

I am also wondering how this kind of quality product approved in themeforest? Lots of product and it is difficult for buyer to find the quality one.
This break the business of quality product developer and damage client faith.

1 Like

Move to USA and tax, time review, author drive price and elements. And Wordpress will be on Element soon and author earn low. How is future of TF, is it end soon? :confused:

3 Likes

If you can show us median of authors income per month from last 4 months compared to last year, and there will be growth, then I’m convinced. Other than that it’s just all nice words.

Maybe from your point of view it’s all growing because you look at big data and it’s all fine, but the number of authors is increasing, the quality of items is declining rapidly and the sales are lower and lower. Someone recently mentioned that 30% of sales on TF are for the top 5 themes, the rest of us is like a plankton and for us it’s just getting worse.

8 Likes

You have added CMS templates including Magento themes but the subscription fee is still $29/month. Magent themes are priced high compared to other themes, I can see huge sales drop for ecommerce category since you integrated ecommerce themes. Nobody will purchase almost $100 priced items instead of $29 price of magento theme bundle.

I think you should increase the subscription fee to $49 asap.

2 Likes

With that sad how can you devalue someones subscription by putting the same price to a theme and a graphic element for example? This is a totally not fair model. While it were only graphic elements i can to a certain point understand.

Nobody will join this subscription to buy one or two graphic items, but I think many people who are willing to purchase magento themes will join elements to save the cost. They can pay $29 for just 1 magento theme instead of paying $99 on themeforest.

3 Likes

What you describe, has no Business Sense at all.

1. You can not have different parts of the theme / item
  2. You can not say that the user should use ONE ITEM, to ONE Site. That is crazy, it does not happen now and it will not change. There is already no control for that, so the control will not be added now.
  3. Bring more clients inside, will not increase the sales, while the clients ( 12.000 till now in 3 months, imagine how strong that number is ), will bring more convertions to elements
  4. Imagine what will happen, when a user see a theme to elemnets and have bought it. He will come for refund. Yes, more refund requests on the way.
  5. Increase price, will lead the users to go to elements, once again.

There is ONE deal.
If a Multipurpose Theme, with 100 different demos added to Elements, the category of those themes will go to bottom after.

2 Likes