envato elements Sound Tracks Forced Linked To Their Creators on Social

Hello - I have used envato for many years and I have been a subscriber to envato elements for more than two years. Since, I have mostly downloaded images and graphics - but your sounds tracks are problematic and may lead to my cancellation of your service.

Over a year ago I used one of your so called “sound tracks” as background music for a VERY important video that I intended to post to Facebook and Instagram. When I did, somehow FB and Insta detected the “sound track” musical creator and forced linked my video to their profile. The marketing video I created was at that point made part of the musicians links - which I DID NOT INTEND OR WANT. I was made to feel as if I had stollen and used their music.

I have not downloaded your “sound tracks” since. Please explain why this happened to me and how I can avoid it in the furfure if I do decide to keep my subscription.

Hello!

There’s no need to link to an author when you have their item licensed. Author’s would certainly appreciate it, but it’s not necessary. It seems the author has overstepped here.

Unless it is Facebook and YouTube that’s asking for your license to use the music, in which case it’s a simple process to clear that - https://help.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016435492-Guide-to-YouTube-Content-ID-Copyright-Notices

Hope that helps!

What are you talking about?! No, the author has not overstepped. How could they anyway?

Authors are powerless and in no position to impose anything, and as staff of the exploitative nightmare that is Envato, you know that very well.

Trying to blame the author for what is clearly a simple Content Manager issue is uncalled for and very uncool.

I’m not sure I fully understand what the thread opener means but to me this sounds more like Instagram showing the name of artist and track at the bottom of the video, which is something normal when a track is included in the Instagram Library. It’s a good publicity for authors and nothing to worry about for creators.

3 Likes

The original poster gave the impression that the “musical creator and forced linked my video to their profile” which seemed to imply an author reached out and tried to force their link on the customer. While it’s much more likely it’s an automatic crediting feature as Luca said, the wording made it sound like it was something else.

It was not my intention to cause a disruption in your community. I searched for a Support link where I could submit a query privately but I could not locate one so I tired the forum.

Regarding what happened to me, I strongly suspect it was the Facebook algorithm that linked my previous client marketing video to the music creators profile page. I do not think this was the action of the artist or any one person. Just FB exerting control over subscriber traffic.

Please know that I value my envato elements subscription and your image downloads have been a great service. The only reason I posted this issue regarding the music clips was because I have a new client to create marketing videos for and I wanted to get ahead of the development by contacting you for support on the prior issue.

envato provides a great service. I plan to try the music downloads again and I will update this post with the results. If the same thing occurs, I will post a link to the new video and perhaps you can help me learn where I went wrong.

Thanks.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

No worries. December puts me on a short fuse and I apologize :sweat_smile: We’re always here to help and we’re so glad your making use of your subscription. Many more exciting things to come!