Design a T-shirt for the Envato Community and win some great prizes!
We want you to create a T-shirt for the Envato Community! We’ll be using the winning design for contest prizes throughout the year, and we will also be giving T-shirts to our moderators as a small thank-you gift for their hard work and dedication.
What we’re looking for
We want to celebrate our awesome community with a dedicated T-shirt design and we need your help to design it! Your mission is to design a shirt that captures the creative talent and friendly, supportive camaraderie that our Envato community from around the entire world continues to demonstrate.
Here are some winning entries in previous T-shirt contests to give you an idea of the standard we are looking for!
- 2019 Envato Community T-shirt by @rautanstudio
- 2018 Envato Community T-Shirt by @rautanstudio
- Envato 10th Anniversary T-Shirt by @WonderArt
- Envato Moderator T-Shirt by @truenorthstudio
How to Enter
- Create a T-shirt design to celebrate the Envato community
- Designs will be printed on the front of the T-shirts only.
- Your design must be in a scalable vector format that you can share with us (.eps, .ai, or .psd)
- Your design must be in CMYK format
- Your design should incorporate the Envato logo. Please note: The leaf shape has changed slightly from the version used in last year’s contest!
- You may use the leaf element of the Envato logo by itself, or you may use the logo in its entirety (leaf logo + “envato” name.) You can find more information on logo branding usage here.
- You can download a copy of the leaf in SVG format here, or the leaf + name here).
- Post a JPG version of your design in our official forum thread.
- Make sure you keep a copy of your source file! We will need to contact you to obtain it if/when you win.
- Only one entry per person please, so please submit your best work!
- Please read our full Terms and Conditions (see below).
Prizes & Judging
Our judges will be looking for high quality designs suited for a T-shirt that incorporate and reflect the friendly, supportive, and international talent of the Envato community. A judging panel of Envato Staff will determine the winner.
The winner will win the following:
- $500 USD (sent via PayPal or Payoneer)
- An Envato Community 2020 T-shirt with your winning design.
- The exclusive Merch Designer community badge on your Envato Market profile, plus a Won a Contest badge.
After our judges go through the final shortlist, we’ll award a Merch Designer Shortlist badge to the top 2 runners-up from this contest. This badge is only be available through contests like this one.
Our judges will also select 10 people who are active in this contest thread, and we’ll send each of them a 2019 T-Shirt once the winning design has been finalised
- You don’t need to submit a design in order to be eligible - participation prizes are open to everyone posting in this thread, whether you’re entering the contest or posting in support of the other entrants.
- The judging panel will award these prizes to participants we feel are consistently helping to make this an awesome community to be a part of.
- Friday, January 17 - Design contest opens! (You’re reading the announcement right now )
- Sunday, February 16 (11pm AEDT) - Design contest ends
- Monday, February 24 - Winners announced!
I came up with a better idea - can I enter again?
Entries are limited to one per person. If you decide you’d like to enter with an updated design, simply edit your original post - our judges will be looking through the full list of submissions after the contest closes.
Can I make a really large JPG instead of a vector?
No. While we need a JPG or PNG for the forum post, you’ll need to have a high quality vector version available for final submission if you win. We’re initially planning to use this to print on Community T-shirts, but would like the flexibility of having a vector format for potential other uses in future.