2023 Envato Community T-Shirt Contest - winners now announced!

Design a T-shirt for the Envato Community and win some great prizes!

:tshirt: We want you to create a T-shirt for the Envato Community! We’ll be using the winning design for contest prizes throughout the year, and we will also be sending T-shirts to our moderators as a small thank-you gift for their hard work and dedication.

What we’re looking for

We want to celebrate our awesome community with a dedicated T-shirt design and we need your help to design it! Your mission is to design a shirt that captures the creative talent and friendly, supportive camaraderie that our Envato community from around the entire world continues to demonstrate.

Here are some winning entries in previous T-shirt contests to give you an idea of the standard we are looking for!

How to Enter

• Create a T-shirt design to celebrate the Envato community!
    • Designs will be printed on the front of the T-shirts only.
    • Your design must be in a scalable vector format that you can share with us (.EPS or .AI)
    • Your design must be in CMYK format
    • Your design should incorporate the Envato logo. Please note: The leaf shape has changed slightly in recent years - use the version linked below!
    • You may use the leaf element of the Envato logo by itself, or you may use the logo in its entirety (leaf logo + “envato” name.) You can find more information on logo branding usage here.
    • You can download a copy of the leaf in SVG format here, or the leaf + name here).
  • Post a JPG version of your design in our official forum thread.
  • Make sure you keep a copy of your source file! We will need to contact you to obtain it if/when you win.
  • Only one entry per person please, so please submit your best work!
  • Please read our full Terms and Conditions (see below).

Prizes & Judging

Our judges will be looking for high quality designs suited for a T-shirt that incorporate and reflect the friendly, supportive, and international talent of the Envato community. A judging panel of Envato Staff will determine the winner.

Grand Prize

The winner will win the following:

• $500 USD (sent via PayPal or Payoneer)
  • An Envato Community 2023 T-shirt with your winning design.
  • The exclusive Merch Designer community badge on your Envato Market profile, plus a Won a Contest badge.

Runners up

After our judges go through the final shortlist, we’ll award a Merch Designer Shortlist badge (and a copy of the winning T-shirt) to the runner up from this contest. This badge is only available through contests like this one.

Participation prizes

Our judges will also select 5 people who are active in this contest thread, and we’ll send each of them a 2023 T-Shirt once the winning design has been finalised :slight_smile:

• You don’t need to submit a design in order to be eligible - participation prizes are open to everyone posting in this thread, whether you’re entering the contest or posting in support of the other entrants.
  • The judging panel will award these prizes to participants we feel are consistently helping to make this an awesome community to be a part of.

Important Dates

• Monday, January 10 - Design contest opens!
  • Sunday, February 12 (11:59pm AEDT) - Design contest ends
  • Friday, February 17 - Winners announced!

FAQs

I came up with a better idea - can I enter again?
Entries are limited to one per person. If you decide you’d like to enter with an updated design, simply edit your original post - our judges will be looking through the full list of submissions after the contest closes.

Can I make a really large JPG instead of a vector?
No. While we need a JPG or PNG for the forum post, you’ll need to have a high quality vector version available for final submission if you win. We’re initially planning to use this to print on Community T-shirts, but would like the flexibility of having a vector format for other potential uses in future.

Good luck!

19 Likes

Terms and Conditions

Hi, we’re Envato (Envato, we, our or us)! Thanks for taking an interest in our 2023 Community T-shirt Design Competition (we’ll call this the Promotion). These are our terms for the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, you’re agreeing to these terms, so it’s important that you read and understand them.

1. Promoter: This promotion is run by Envato Pty Ltd whose registered office is at 551 Swanston Street, Carlton 3053 Victoria, Australia.

2. Entry Period: Entry into the Promotion opens on Tuesday 10 January 2023, 5:01pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) and closes on Sunday 12 February 2023, 11:59pm AEDT. No entries will be accepted after this period. Important Note: All dates and times listed throughout these terms and conditions are in AEDT. Entrants are solely responsible for determining the corresponding time in their respective territories.

3. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to residents worldwide and entrants must be at least 16 years of age to enter this Promotion (if you’re under 18 years of age, please get your parent or guardian’s permission to enter). Entrants must have an Envato Forum account to enter. Any individuals who are employees of Envato, or their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter.

4. Entry Limits: Only one entry per person is allowed.

5. How to Enter: To enter the Promotion you must:

1. Log in to the Envato Forums

2. Create a T-shirt design (the “Entry”) meeting the following criteria:
      • Create a high quality design suited for a T-shirt, that incorporates and reflects the friendly, supportive, and international talent of the Envato community.
      • Designs will be printed on the front of the T-shirts only.
      • Your design must be in a scalable vector format that you can share with us (.eps or .ai) if you are selected as the Grand Prize winner.
      • Your design must be in CMYK format
      • Your design should incorporate the Envato logo.

3. Post a JPG or PNG version of your Entry in the contest thread on the Envato Forums

6. Prizes:
    1. There will be one (1) Grand Prize as follows:
      • $500 USD (sent via PayPal or Payoneer)
      • An Envato Community 2022 T-shirt (valued at $25) with your winning design.
      • The exclusive Merch Designer community badge on your Envato Market profile, plus a Won a Contest badge.

2. There will be two (2) Runner Up Prizes consisting of a Merch Designer Shortlist badge and a copy of the winning T-shirt (valued at $25).

3. There will be five (5) Community Participation Prizes awarded to people who are active in this contest thread. These will consist of a copy of the winning T-shirt, valued at $25. You don’t need to submit a design in order to be eligible for a Community Participation prize - these are open to everyone posting in the contest thread. The judging panel will award the participation prizes to participants we feel are consistently helping to make this an awesome community to be a part of.

4. The total prize value for this Promotion is USD$700.00.

Winner Selection and Notification:

7. We will select the winner based on a game of skill on or by Friday 17 February 2023. A judging panel of Envato staff will be looking for high quality designs suited for a T-shirt that incorporate and reflect the friendly, supportive, and international talent of the Envato community. All decisions relating to winners are final. All reasonable attempts will be made to notify the winner within 48 hours by Envato Forum DM and shared on the Envato Forum in the contest thread.

8. All decisions made about this Promotion by the judges are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.

9. All winners must claim their prizes by 5:00pm AEDT on Monday 6 March 2023 (“Prize Claim Deadline”).

10. If a prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Deadline, or a winner is deemed ineligible to enter the Promotion and claim a Prize, Envato may award that unclaimed prize to the next eligible entrant, or in its sole discretion, forfeit that prize and no substitute will be offered.
  11. General Terms

12. Entry into the Promotion is free (except for any normal internet or mobile connection charges that may apply).

13. If you are a winner, you agree that:
    1. You may not request that your prize be exchanged or substituted for cash or alternative goods and services, and you cannot sell or transfer your prize to any other party.
    2. In the event that your prize is unavailable for any reason, Envato may replace your prize with another prize of equal value.
    3. If you are not able to take the prize as stated, you will forfeit the prize and no payment or compensation will be made in lieu.
    4. Once the prize has left Envato’s premises for delivery (or in the case of a Subscription, has been emailed to the email address provided by the winner), Envato takes no responsibility for the prize being damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
    5. Envato may ask that you or your parent/legal guardian provide proof of your age, identity and residency, and to sign any required documentation including release forms, as a condition of claiming your prize.
    6. You or your parent/legal guardian are responsible for all expenses and taxes in connection with your participation in the Promotion and for all expenses and taxes not expressly included in the prize.
    7. Envato accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value or the make-up of the prize or any event that occurs that is beyond Envato’s reasonable control.
    8. You (or your parent/guardian) warrants that you have a valid bank account from an authorized financial institution that Envato can pay into in the event you are a Grand Prize winner. Envato is unable to pay into financial institutions based in Russia, or any countries on the Restricted Countries list until further notice. Envato is unable to award the Cash Prize to those affected, and in such an event, the Cash Prize will be forfeited with no substitution.

14. By entering this Promotion:
    1. You (or your parent/guardian) grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free non-exclusive license to use your entry (and any content associated with your entry) for the purposes of managing this Promotion and for any other promotional or marketing activity we do, including re-posting or re-sharing your Entry on our online platforms (including social media).
    2. You (or your parent/guardian) hereby grant to us the right to use your name (including any Envato-related username), likeness and biographical data in connection with the marketing and publicity of the Promotion.
    3. You (or your parent/guardian) warrant that any information you give to us is true and correct and your entry (including the Artwork) is your own original creation and work, and does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property, privacy and/or confidentiality rights) of any other person. You (or your parent/guardian) will indemnify us in relation to any loss or damage resulting from any breach of this promise whether it is on purpose or not.

15. You (or your parent/guardian) consent to our use of your information for the purposes of managing and administering this Promotion, and for any other purpose for which we have received your express consent (including if we have received an “opt-in” to receive marketing communications. If you do not provide us with certain information, you may not be eligible to participate in the Promotion or receive a prize. If the law requires it, we may report the prize winner and prize details to the relevant tax authorities. Please see our Privacy Policy for more information about how we deal with personal information.

16. Play fair! We reserve the right not to award prizes and to disqualify entrants if they do not meet one or more of the requirements set out in these terms and conditions, if their entry includes objectionable material or infringes the rights of any third party or if an entrant tampers with the Promotion in any way. We may, in our sole discretion, discontinue the Promotion in its entirety, if there is any illegal or fraudulent behavior by entrants or cancel the Promotion if there are any circumstances that mean the Promotion can’t be run as planned, this includes technical issues, hacking, natural disasters and anything else beyond our control.

17. Envato will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) in connection with this Promotion, or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of receiving or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
9 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

I want to participate this contest <3 working with my creative :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wow… Contest!!! 2023 begins colorfully… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

Wow, that’s cool, congratulations again to Envato for the initiative. I wish all participants good luck and have fun creating this art! :smiley: :art: :computer: :blue_heart:

6 Likes

20 Likes

Looks exciting, looking forward to this project.

3 Likes

That’s great. Will submit my entry soon…

2 Likes

14 Likes

:clap: :rocket: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@BenLeong @KingDog

I apologize to you this year I will not be able to participate in the contest because I have a very long job, I could lose my work, I hope that another year I could, I wish all the authors good luck for the contest :slight_smile: Greetings.

7 Likes

@SpaceStockFootage WOW!! Otters :innocent: :+1:

2 Likes

Wow! :joy:

3 Likes

@SpaceStockFootage There you go, you won! :rofl: :envato:

Let the 2024 contest come… let’s hope!

5 Likes

Hope, lot’s of greatest designs are in the pot… :innocent: Let’s start the flame… :fire:

2 Likes

hmmm… actually I would print this on t-shirt and wear as well → I could wear this and go to the bank, to my accountant… everywhere.

Great work. Only thing missing there is a beaver. Beaver could make it complete.

2 Likes

Will I get this year’s T-shirt as a gift? I’m cheering! :tshirt: :envato: :mailbox_closed: :brazil:

2 Likes

Where i need to submit the image?

1 Like

Lovely :smiley:

Hi @INformigados, be here and engage with the contest… support the contestants… hope you will get one! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like