Eeek! I messed-up the judging element by accident so I’d first like to apologize for any confusion, I’m so sorry! I would therefore like to make a slight amendment to the judging process and provide a verification in the interest of transparency, time and effort to all concerned. I’m so sorry for any confusion caused!
Verification of how we’re going to choose the winners:
- Our original announcement mentioned that our moderators would select the finalists, and the community would vote for the winning design.
- After the contest closed, I announced that we/Envato would pick the finalists, we’d allow the community moderators to pick the ultimate winner, and we’d announce the finalists (with the winner revealed on February 12).
- We already have the moderators voting on the finalists.
- As our ultimate aim was to have both our community and community moderators involved in the voting process, I think a good and fair compromise here now would be to invite some of our community members into the voting process. That way, (a) we’re happy that the finalists are to a very high standard to ensure any winning T-shirt that gets made for our community is to an acceptable standard (b) community moderators have helped select the winner and (b) some of our community have also helped determine the winner.
- Therefore, I am going to invite 10 of our most active community members in our forums who did NOT enter this contest, to help vote on the winners.
Again, truly sorry for the complication and any confusion caused. Ultimately, nothing much has changed - we’re still going to get an awesome T-shirt out of this contest no matter what. Just wanted to make sure the issue was addressed honestly, transparently, and as fair and as efficiently as possible.
So all that said and done, let’s see all the finalists we picked out!
This thread will now remain temporarily locked while we invite 10 of our most active community forum members into the voting process to help find our winner. We’ll back on February 12 to announce the winner.
Good luck, and congratulations, to all our finalists!