Element 3D V2

EFEKT_Studio said

:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I think Andrew is building a small Cinema 4D version inside after effects :slight_smile:

any news on compatibility with past version? Projects made with v1 will automatically work with v2 or you need both versions?

doru said

any news on compatibility with past version? Projects made with v1 will automatically work with v2 or you need both versions?

I think Element v2 will be able to open older versions but maybe you need the newest version to open project made with E3d V2.

I am hoping for compatibility on older project because earlier when i was updating Element 3d i was not able to open successfully projects made in previous version, i mean you can open it but guess what, i got only black screen in Element 3d preview window and some materials are missing.

but in promotion video andrew said the new version has rendered twice faster that was created in older version of 1.6

MotionMAX said

but in promotion video andrew said the new version has rendered twice faster that was created in older version of 1.6

was notice this also. hope is a reference to back compatibility and not the fact they build the same project in each version and did a test render.

doru said

Andrew just updated his post on E3D v2 and talks about compatibility.

Physically Based Shading was AWESOME news!. And that Animation System too! I think im probably going to buy this one.

Now the tech info is given by Andrew and he says that V1 project should work fine for the most part. But that says something could go wrong and he recommend to upgrade after finishing client works with V1. That only works for client projects but not for templates are already exist at market place, because many buyers will upgrade or start with E3D V2 and download our V1 templates.

So I think the best way for us authors is to upgrade to V2 (because this replaces V1) and check if our template is working fine in V2. If not we only can put a note to the description that this template works only with V1 - question to envato team if this would be the right way?

And because V2 replace V1 our new templates V2 should be accepted right V2 rolls out, because we cannot use V1 any more and without V2 we are not be able to check if our V1 templates works fine.

So in my opinion - E3D V2 is a killer PlugIn and we should GO for that ASAP - happy render :slight_smile:

E3d v2 is amazing but I think we should wait before using the version 2 in our templates since buyers will not upgrade in one day…

I will upgrade ASAP to V2, because we HAVE to and btw I want get my hands on it :slight_smile:

You are right that existing E3D V1 buyers will not upgrade fast. But every day hundreds of new buyers arrive envato. And thats the problem when the new buyers start with purchase E3D V2, because template needs E3D plugin (they will not install V1 when V2 is available from VC right?!).

So thats the point - you have to check your V1 templates if it works fine in V2. If its not working proper we only could make a notice in description that this template is only for V1 using, because you cannot change it in V1 mode any more. If you upgraded to V2 for check the template - there is no way to work with V1 again at that point, because V2 will overwrite V1 version - Andrew said.

Everyone who not upgrade to check all V1 templates in E3D V2 is not knowing if there will be a problem for a new buyer who download a V1 template and has purchased V2 from VC right after it rolls out, because there are no V2 templates at the moment.

So I will check all my V1 templates - make notes if they don´t run in V2 and create cool new V2 templates after my switch - so hope review will be no problem for a new V2 template. I think the existing buyers base of E3D V1 will upgrade in next few weeks if there are rolling out more and more cool new V2 templates and we need time to create new stuff and the timing could be great to sell new templates like the V1 stuff after release at envato - V1 was pretty quick accepted by the buyers.

I think is important for envato team to discuss before V2 rolls out and there is no way back to V1 for us authors.

What Andrew says:

Will my older projects made with V1.6 open inside of V2?
Yes for the most part but…

Element 3D V2 will replace V1.6 when you install. Projects created in V2 will not open in V1. (Of course, we will always make older versions of plug-ins available if you need them.)

We worked hard to get projects to convert properly but our goal was to modernize the internal system. So the new coordinate system and anchor points work better but if you changed the anchor point in a previous project, you may need to adjust it again. Same for SSAO, we improved the algorithm (and got rid of some nasty banding) but some cases might look a touch different than before.

Of course, be sure to back up your V1.6 projects before opening them in V2, that way you can at least install the older version if something doesn’t look right.

With that said, be careful. If you don’t need to convert the project, why risk it. Just finish it in V1 and then move on to the glorious V2!

This might help you:

:slight_smile:

Thanks for point the links - but you don´t need to show me that. I carefully read all what Andrew said before I told about in this thread and you don´t understand what I mean.

“Yes for the most part…” and he recommend first finish V1 projects and then go clean with new projects to V2. And thats what I say - there is room for something that could go wrong and VC cannot give us 100% that V1 works in V2. And we all have already V1 projects and new buyers will use it in V2 - thats for sure and could be our problem.

And thats a problem for reviewer too I think - maybe in future are only templates accepted if they open fine in V2 - no matter if they are created in V1 or V2. But for both version the reviewer must have 2 Systems only for E3D or use only V2 after it rolls out - we will see what envato team will do.

Please can envato team make a short statement if V2 projects will be accepted after it rolls out?

C_You said

Thanks for point the links - but you don´t need to show me that. I carefully read all what Andrew said before I told about in this thread and you don´t understand what I mean.

“Yes for the most part…” and he recommend first finish V1 projects and then go clean with new projects to V2. And thats what I say - there is room for something that could go wrong and VC cannot give us 100% that V1 works in V2. And we all have already V1 projects and new buyers will use it in V2 - thats for sure and could be our problem.

And thats a problem for reviewer too I think - maybe in future are only templates accepted if they open fine in V2 - no matter if they are created in V1 or V2. But for both version the reviewer must have 2 Systems only for E3D or use only V2 after it rolls out - we will see what envato team will do.

Please can envato team make a short statement if V2 projects will be accepted after it rolls out?

Whats up C_You ?! I just wanted to share the link with you and all the others members, I am not doing anything wrong or teaching you !

Some people here don’t read VC blog.

No problem - everything is fine - thanks for your help :slight_smile:

But I want focus everybody to that important way of handling E3D projects. Would be no problem if V1 projects works fine in V2 or we are able to work with both versions - but in this case (the maybe could go wrong between the lines) forces us all to think about how we go on with this plugin.

Any other thoughts? Here are more E3D authors …

Hey guys,

Initially my guess is that we won’t be accepting Element 3D 2.0 projects immediately. Although I’m sure we’ll accept them at some point after it’s released. When we begin accepting version 2.0, we’ll be sure to announce it here on the forums.