Earnings Report discussion (October 2022)

What About 31 August Earning… its not updated…

4 Likes

it seems the issue of the 31th of each month is back after excluding the bonus.

1 Like

no update for today??

1 Like

that’s the answer

1 Like

Seems strange that all the products created in different years, each year updated with new functionalities and features are declining in the same exact time…

1 Like

@BenLeong Looks like report isn’t working again.

2 Likes

Hi there! :wave:t2: There’s something wrong in the report. August has 31 days and calculations are for 30 days, so the last day is missing. Can you please check that, @BenLeong?

1 Like

Yeap, earnings report is not working. It’s stucked on August 31 @BenLeong

2 Likes

Now, it’s working back again :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

@BenLeong will we get an answer about the 31 of August missing from the report?

Mine is updated and it’s been the best day of the month!

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen it now, thanks

Hi @BenLeong
I was invited about 7 days ago and I uploaded my plugins.
My concern is the daily earning. I’m getting 0.xxx values. What is the average daily earnings for wordpress plugins?

Yes, best day ever for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t like this kind of short rectangle here, I start seeing many of them lately :joy:

1 Like

:joy:
Even if it was the best day of the month it doesn’t mean that everything is fine!
First 2 days of September are already terrible…averaging a good 35% LESS than Sept 2021 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@zendcrew I don’t have item-level data at the moment, but if you’ve only just added those items to Elements you won’t be seeing full earnings data yet due to the way earnings are calculated - the dashboard graph shows earnings for each “revenue day” (the date a subscription period begins), and not item licensing/downloads specific to customer usage on that date.

e.g. Today, the most recent earnings data is for subscriptions that started their monthly billing period 33 days ago, on September 3rd. Now that each of those subscribers has completed a full month, we can divide up the author part of their fees via the subscriber share model.

If you added your items to Elements a week ago (October 1), those will only have become available to the Sep 3 customers right at the end of their monthly subscription - so most of their item usage will have involved other items.

You should see average daily earnings increase until November 3rd (33 days after you joined Elements, when data for the Oct 1 revenue day becomes available on your dashboard). After that date, each new day of earnings data will show customers who had access to your items through the entire month of their subscription.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation! Subscriber-share revenue calculations have a few extra complications compared to the Market earnings model, and unfortunately it looks the most confusing right at the start, when you only have partial data to work with. This article on our Help Centre has more information on how the revenue periods work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanations Mr. Benleong

There hasn’t been report for today or am I missing something ?

1 Like

Same here, there seems to be a planned Maintainance on the author’s dashboard earlier today, but the dashboard is operational now, you can check the status here:

1 Like

Yes the maintenance is over but there is no update on the report