Earnings Report Discussion (May 2022)

:arrow_up: On the above, I can confirm that the dashboard report and Earnings Statements are accurate, and that the Author Dashboard is no longer affected by the issues from last month. I know that it’s of little comfort to any individuals seeing their earnings drop, but I can also say that this isn’t the case across the whole platform.

It’s worth noting that Envato has been heavily investing in building up supply (bonuses for new items, filling out new and existing categories, expanding our capacity for portfolio and item submission reviews) throughout the past year. That’s been important for the whole Elements platform, but it’s also part of a continual balancing act between growing supply and demand.

We have a number of teams working on growing our active subscriber base, which is the other part of this: after a long period of focus on building up supply (making Elements more attractive to customers), that balance begins to shift into more investment in demand (resulting in better author earnings). As I’ve mentioned before, both are vital for a healthy platform, and we’re continuously adjusting the balance of where we invest resources for growth.

In other news, I have just posted an update here for the Ukrainian Elements Authors about your Content Bonus Eligibility requirements. We’ve received a few questions about these, as the dashboard page still shows orange “ineligible” days for some of these authors:

• We’re still paying the Content Bonus as detailed in our Ukraine Support announcement.
  • All affected Ukrainian authors will see a correction payment for any missed days added in the next Incentives payment run on the 21st of May.
6 Likes