Do AudioJungle really know what is really commercial?

I start this new thread to see the opinion of other people here,is it possible that Audio Jungle can give these kind of comment to know what is really comercial or not?And how it is possible to reject the song from someone only because 25 sek of the song?I am composer,and I am making songs by my own,and it is very strange to be rejcted because of 25 sek of song.
Thanks for comments.
Regards

What was the comment exactly?

Thanks for your replay.Here is the comment from audio Jungle that I get:
“The introduction of the passage thematic change from 1:08 to 1:24 diminishes general commercial utility and viability, as it’s much less likely to match general video projects.”

Sad to hear my friend but at the same time i guess i am not the only one here who encountered AJ stupidity xD lol

Wild mood swings, not standard passages and other weird things are maybe artistic valuable but… it really not sells here guys. People rather look something for background, standarized, something like songs they know. Believe all my experimentals passed the inspection are rather ‘bottom non-sellers’

Well yes Semyon,I believe that Audio Jungle is ok ,but when some one reject me about less record audio record or less technical stuff I will say ok,but the things that I dont understand if they comment like that the music as a compose work.How it is possible they will be sure that some one all over the world dont going to like one composition?This is very strange and it is very hard to accept from them.I am not insult from them as a composer,I just want to understand the way how they doing this thing.

Why you’re so worried :slight_smile: Few very good sellers from other places were not accepted here too. Just submit it elsewhere (you’re not exclusive) and do the next one :slight_smile:

slavenski said

Well yes Semyon,I believe that Audio Jungle is ok ,but when some one reject me about less record audio record or less technical stuff I will say ok,but the things that I dont understand if they comment like that the music as a compose work.How it is possible they will be sure that some one all over the world dont going to like one composition?This is very strange and it is very hard to accept from them.I am not insult from them as a composer,I just want to understand the way how they doing this thing.

I am not insulting either i just wanna understand just like you :slight_smile:

Yes.

SoundFix said

Yes.

lol - post of the year!

SoundFix said

Yes.

:smiley:

True. But still funny! :smiley:

Ok people,I dont now if it is funny or not,yes it is ok because today some musician can be able to earn some money through the web site like Audio Jungle,but still the composer in music deserve much more,we are always going to be the first level in creating of one song,and this tings I dont like when someone dont want to let one composer the earn more because of some 25 sek.Ok thats just opinion,composers need to keep each others.Now this just one of the way for us to earn some money,we deserve more,but probably we all will continue in this way to earining,but I wish to everyone to find the better way then this one :slight_smile:

slavenski, the answer to your question is pretty simple.

Yes they understand what is commercial, otherwise this website would not be as successful as it is.

Of course there are different opinions on ‘what is commercial’ and ‘what isn’t commercial’, but all that matters is that Audiojungle have their own idea, and it has been successful.

If they are telling you to change the 25 seconds, probably it will help give you a better chance to sell the track. You can always keep your old version if you like it so much, but if you upload the new version with changes that Audiojungle recommends, you will probably see a better result.

Garet,I believe that they are doing good job,nobody dont want to say anything about Audio Jungle posibilities,I just say that the best way is to put the song who is in technical way good for selling and then audience and byers will decided,dont choose the songs by the things “I like " music or " I dont like” music.This is not ok for me.Regards

There is a BIG difference between ‘liking’ something and it being good for commercial use (what Audiojungle wants).

For example, from time to time I ‘like’ listening to music by Xenakis.

But I am pretty sure there is no way a 9 minute track would be approved for Audiojungle. Now if for example, the intro was cut up to 1:30 - that would make a great 90 second track for Audiojungle, and would definitely sell in the horror category.

‘Liking’ something and being ‘suitable for commercial use’ are 2 different things. I hope I gave a good example, other people may give better ones.

Garet I understand you,I dont speaking about this kind of music that you say now,I speaking for ex about this kind of music.Not this one.But even this music that you say can find place,why not here,but I now that this music you out is not suitable,but when I check the Aduio Jungle beffore I come here I knew it that for ex this music exist on Audio Jungle,Like this one:

About this kind of thing I am talking about,you need to let to Audience decide if the Recording is good enough.Thats I say.Thanks for your replay here.

slavenski said

Garet,I believe that they are doing good job,nobody dont want to say anything about Audio Jungle posibilities,I just say that the best way is to put the song who is in technical way good for selling and then audience and byers will decided,dont choose the songs by the things “I like " music or " I dont like” music.This is not ok for me.Regards

I’ve been in your position numerous times so far so I understand you completely. But whenever I made the corrections I was pointed to, it proved to be for the better.

There are currently around 80000 items in AudioJungle. And imagine at least double or triple more files that have been rejected so far. I’m quite sure reviewers learned so far what is usually good and commercial and what is not. After all, AudioJungle is here to gain profit, as well as provide us, authors, the place to earn (and learn). Neither us, authors, nor AudioJungle, gains from items that won’t sell. Or, to rephrase it, both you and AudioJungle get more gain if you make necessary corrections and make your track more usable/commercial/wanted.

P.S. You have great tracks so far, I like them very much. True Balkan spirit :wink:

I cannot comment on other people’s experiences but for me, the changes that have been requested of my tracks that got soft rejected all made perfect sense and I should have thought of them myself. For me, they have helped me make my portfolio more commercially attractive. I think the reviewers do a great job and I would recommend at least trying what they suggest to see if it works or not.

I got soft rejections before saying hey cut this song by one ONE just ONE second and it’s all gonna be cool! so i cut it by One second and wait for the happy result just to get another rejection saying oh it sucks u had to have made this that and that. I wish they would have told me right away to change what they did not like instead of just saying cut that ONE second off. But the bottom line here is - we can complain we can cry we can be upset or mad and it won’t help us because they want what they want and we have to comply with their requirements because they are the MIDDLE man here xD. Cheers hope your song gets accepted i know the feeling of frustration. :slight_smile:

slavenski said

I just say that the best way is to put the song who is in technical way good for selling and then audience and byers will decided,dont choose the songs by the things “I like " music or " I dont like” music.This is not ok for me.Regards

The first rule a reviewer learns is not to decide by " I Like" Or " I don’t like".

The first rule is, Is this music track’s production, composition, arrangement, altogether ready and fitting for use in a professional commercial application setting. Most, if not all other sites don’t even give authors a chance to improve their work if it is not deemed suitable, and yet audiojungle reviewers give feedback on how to make a track with an objective commercial weakness stand a chance to be improved for general commercial ends, to get better results, on average.

Perhaps it would be easier if we, like other sites, said only YES or NO, and nothing else. But AudioJungle doesn’t do that. That’s all there is to it at the end of the day.

It’s never personal, and if reviewer mistakes happen, if something is soft rejected that should be hard rejected, it sometimes means a decision has to be overturned, unfortunately. That’s why soft-rejections may not always be accepted if they are resubmitted, if they’re not improved enough. It’s not a guarantee, rather an opportunity to consider the work again, and that’s pretty rare for lower cost stock audio libraries.

If Audiojungle immediately accepted all submissions that are definitely artistic but less commercial ready, it would be a lot harder for buyers to access generally suitable content, and that would mean less purchases for everyone.

We will never be able to please everybody, but wish to thank those that have taken our suggestions constructively, and have felt encouraged to embrace suggestions to increase commercial utility in their submissions, rather than insist we work by personal preference.

Respect to everyone.