Cyber Monday

Hello there! Why on the main page of Envato, and on every page of all Envato’s marketplaces there are no links/banners leading to the Cyber Monday page? Thanks

2 Likes

+1. Why? :thinking:

1 Like

Still no sell from the Cyber Monday campaign yet, last year the sales immediately went up, I guess it has to do with the new layout of the Cyber Monday page where most of the items are not visible and it’s hard to browse through them :thinking:

Will the order of items rotate?

3 Likes

What is the stupid logic to rotate banners for elements and themes AND advertise elements on landing page. I personally see 80% of elements banner. Sorting and search don’t work, banners are messed up. Way to go!

I actually gave the link to several people asking them to “try and find my item”, all of them failed. If people that know what they are looking for can’t find the item, what about other customers? I guess they will just look at and buy the top featured items :frowning:

I am a bit disappointed because last year (even though I had no expectations) the sales went from 1-2 items per day to about 30-60 per day.

2 Likes

Just wonder if @unvab @Aspirity behaved like me.
Thought it was Elements promo and close it immmediately, without clearly reading what it was.
It was just until I switch to another marketplace (i.e. Codecanyon or Videohive) to see the banner :slight_smile:

Elements repeating promos gave authors a bad experience too much that they may think it’s only for Elements, not for them like Cyber Monday.
Correct me if I am wrong.

3 Likes

Exactly, that banner is always there which led to ad blindness, everyone insta-closes it before reading it.

2 Likes

Great. But before that, there was a banner mentioned about Cyber Monday and leading to Envato Elements, not to the Cyber Monday page. I’m glad that at least this misunderstanding has been corrected. Thx.

My Cristoforo Colombo syndrome made me go deeper into this page, but I understand your pain.

Looks like it toggles between banners.

Personally, I don’t think that’s a good strategy; it reduces potential exposure overall. A more efficient solution would be a banner to a single landing page for the sale which includes both elements @ $19/m and the marketplace items, that way it is made clear that both are on sale, not just one.

I believe that Elements have no right to be advertised on those own marketplaces at all because not every Author can become a member of the Envato Elements. And since these are all marketplaces, then Elements should be advertised on their own website at the expense of their own content (created/uploaded by Element’s Contributors), and not at the expense of the Authors who have nothing to do with Elements project. This is called JUSTICE.

Envato, are you serious? You have removed the banner with Cyber Monday text and show now only Elements! We still have 4 more days!!
The worst marketing campaign i’ve ever seen - 2 banners with the same design that advertise 2 different things. Bravo!

1 Like

And you need to dismiss the alert more than twice a day. It is not so author friendly.