Curious hack

Check this:

100% fake

||+383836|white-shade said-|| 100% fake

I don’t know !? stop video at 01:35 , take a closer look, baloon is transparent and I can see behind the baloon ,if this is fake ‘‘this guys has done a good job’’ :slight_smile:

:V

Edit : and 01: 52 :slight_smile:

This is qualitative viral advertising

There is not used compositing. Video was actually on the screen. But not from the transmitter:)

Check out this guy explanation :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG02KuKCbzA&feature=related

||+383854|white-shade said-|| This is qualitative viral advertising

There is not used compositing. Video was actually on the screen. But not from the transmitter:)

okay then :slight_smile:

If this is a VFX job, then it’s very well done. Not impossible to track that, do all the backlighting / translucency / reflections etc.

Youtube quality’s pretty forgiving for VFX too.

-f.

That’s some really nice tracking/roto work! Pretty amazing!

MotionRevolver said

That’s some really nice tracking/roto work! Pretty amazing!

I must agree, I doubt someone will take the time/resource/effort to make the guys on times square change the footage of those screens. After all companies paid for their time over there. This would make people dealing with those screens look unprofessional in client’s eyes.

-inlife

Check out this guy explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG02KuKCbzA&feature=related

faaake aaandd gaaaay :smiley: (know who’s this? ;D )

EFEKT_Studio said

faaake aaandd gaaaay :smiley: (know who’s this? ;D )

I do I do :smiley:

-inlife

Fake? Really? Well, then is a really nice job.

And ok, viral marketing… but which is the business behind it?

Fake!
You can not transmit video signal from iphone’s headphone port.
Nice tracking.

This video has actually gotten quite some attention… it was even on my local news tonight!

The big question throughout the internet isn’t whether or not the device is fake; which it is. The main debate is whether the video has been tracked into the shot, or if the video was actually played on those screens.

IF it were tracked into the shot, its an incredibly fantastic job well done.

MotionRevolver said

This video has actually gotten quite some attention… it was even on my local news tonight!

The big question throughout the internet isn’t whether or not the device is fake; which it is. The main debate is whether the video has been tracked into the shot, or if the video was actually played on those screens.

IF it were tracked into the shot, its an incredibly fantastic job well done.

Ofcourse MR. And yes, it’s great job with tracking and reflections. The balloon is the only mistery for me. DAMN good job with that!

The balloon is the only mistery for me. DAMN good job with that!

Maybe only the balloon part’s frames were tracked individually…? But well done.

Actually, the balloon didn’t look quite right to me. It looked far too translucent. On the other hand, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve looked at a comp shot and identified a totally genuine part as dubious. It even happens on my own VFX work sometimes.

-f.

Mistery solved. A pill. And a film. :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BITcrash44#p/a/u/0/tKxG7wQoSt8

I was right! Ho-ho-ho!