Win $3,500-worth of Prizes in our Video Tutorials Contest!
We want you to create an in-depth video tutorial based on an Envato Market item that includes your referral ID. We’ve got a massive $3,500 to give away and you can use your own native language in the video!
What we’re looking for
We want you to create a video tutorial to help customers better understand how to use an item or complete a task using content from Envato Market. The tutorial must be focused on a specific item (e.g. how to use a specific Photoshop action on GraphicRiver, how to customize a specific theme on ThemeForest etc.) or it could be a general how-to tutorial using a marketplace item (e.g. how to accept bookings through a ThemeForest WP site, creating an intro video using a VideoHive After Effects project file etc.).
You can even show us how you created a project you’ve completed using content from Envato (e.g. show us how you created your blog with a ThemeForest theme). Here are some suggestions (but please note you may come up with additional ideas if you wish):
- How to convert a PSD template on ThemeForest to HTML
- How to quickly customize a WordPress theme from ThemeForest
- Creating a niche site with WordPress
- How to install a WordPress plugin purchased from CodeCanyon
- How to use Photoshop Actions on GraphicRiver to create amazing results
- How to create a professional video intro using music and video from VideoHive and AudioJungle
- How to create a Tumblr theme
- How to install a Moodle theme
- How to get started with Bootstrap
- How to recreate famous movie/TV show titles using fonts from GraphicRiver
- How to start a blog using Ghost
- How to integrate Shopify into a website
- How to edit and customize a logo from GraphicRiver
- How to print a T-shirt using a vector graphic from GraphicRiver
- How to quickly update a business card template from GraphicRiver
Example of What We’re Looking for
Our mission is to help you earn! Posting a video online and linking back to Envato Market with your affiliate ID is a great way to make residual income from referrals!
- When other affiliates link to the video you created, it will help promote your item!
- We have a global community. Many of them speak the same language as you! We want them to see the value of our market’s items in their native tongue and that’s where you come in!
We’ve giving away a total prize fund of $3,500!
Prize Section A - Best Overall Video
Grand Prize: $1,000
3rd Place: $250
Prize Section B - Individual Categories
Best Web Design related video: $250
Best Code/Developer/Hosting/WordPress related video: $250
Best Video & Motion Graphics related video: $250
Best Music related video: $250
Best Graphics & Photo related video: $250
Prize Section C - Bonus
Best end product that uses an Envato item: $500
Every winner will also win a “Won a Competition” community badge.
Your entry must be a brand-new video created specifically for this event. You cannot use a video you have previously created prior to the start date of this event. You must link back to Envato Market (e.g. a specific item page) using your personalized referral ID. Find out more about referral IDs and the Envato affiliate program!
Our judges will be looking for videos that are:
- Produced and executed to a high standard
- Include voice narration
- Address a category/area that is helpful and/or informative to multiple users/customers
- Have an SEO-friendly title. Check out YouTube SEO: The Ultimate Guide. You can also contact us for help with your video topic, how to approach creating your video, and the video title.
- Transcribed (in the YouTube video description)
Tips to Create Your Video
- Plan your script before you record and put your transcript in the video description on YouTube.
- Using an external microphone (such as a condenser microphone) will greatly improve your audio/voice recording.
How to Enter
- Create a brand new video (January 19, 2017 or later) and upload it to YouTube.
- Include your referral ID in a link back to Envato Market either in your description and/or in a text annotation in your video.
- Post a link to your video in our official forum thread (the thread you're reading right now!).
- Complete our official entry form.
TIP: Print a checklist of everything you need to do to enter!
Further Requirements & Important Information
- Your entry must be a brand-new video created specifically for this event. You cannot use a video you have previously created prior to the start date of this event.
- Your video must include voice narration.
- The item you focus on can be your own item, or one you've purchased from another author.
- You are encouraged to use your native language (English and non-English languages are acceptable).
- Appearing in the video is optional.
- You must transcribe your video and either (a) put the transcription in your video description beneath your video or (b) turn on subtitles and closed captions within YouTube. Automatic captioning may also be available. If you're looking to transcribe your own video, a good way to do this is write your script first before recording. Then, when your video is complete, use this Google Docs tip to quickly transcribe your video!
- You must integrate a referral ID link. Find out how here.
- There is no minimum or maximum video duration requirements - we’re simply looking for quality and useful tutorials whether that’s 60 seconds or 60 minutes!
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but you must complete the official entry form for each entry you submit.
- Please read our full terms and conditions
Launch: January 19, 2017
Deadline: February 20, 2017 (11pm AEDT)
Winners Announced: No later than March 10, 2017.