Concern about New Pricing System

They changed to fixed buyer fee, so whatever price you set they will get same amount. They will surely be happy if you dump your price and get more sales than before.

Äą guess the devalution of stock music is a reality now

Right - I have just reduced an ident that I have in the popular items this week. I have defaulted all of it’s pricing to the minimum suggestions and now I shall wait and see if there is any effect on sales and views. I feel cheap for doing this but it shall be an interesting bit of market research. I do not think that a pricing war will ensue and I am very happy with the current pricing levels. I currently have 29 sales on this prior to reducing the item and have also made it my featured track to further market this item.
I shall only have this item reduced for this week only whilst it resides in the popular items list and then I shall set it back to it’s proper price.

My only hope of course is that if it sells really well this week then I am forced to continue the experiment into next week!

1 Like

Don’t panic! :stuck_out_tongue: I also see a lot of authors increasing their prices. (Including popular items) I didn’t had a bad experience since yesterday, and my tracks sell as usual even with new prices.

6 Likes

Sell? What means “sell”?.. :joy:

I increased the price of my best-selling tracks.
i supposed that people bought these tracks based on quality. if they like the track and it suits their needs, some more dollar will definitely not be a problem.
let’s see if this work.

3 Likes

Ok but if the price dumping the buyer fee’s dumping too right ? I mean the percentage is fixed but if everybody sell a track for 1 dollars the buyer fee’s dumping too and Envato have to sell it 20 times instead of 1 time before…Or I am missing something ?

And in term of reputation/image I don’t think it’s a good deal to have the lower tracks in the market. But maybe i am wrong.

No, the fixed buyers fee is a fixed amount not percentage. It remains the same, whichever price the author chose.

1 Like

Ok thanks @PurpleFogSound so I’m watching the fixed buyer fee board.

For example if I sell a track 1 dollars, the fixed buyers fee is 4 dollars. So finally the buyers will pay 5 dollars ?

Yes. And you will get $1 minus the author fee.

Ok thanks I see, I didn’t get that point :sweat_smile:

Definitely I won’t be a part of the dumping strategy.

I haven´t change my prices, but now suddenly 19$ are 20, 15 to 16, and packs 35$.
Except the last one approved, its still on 15.

Yeah Audiojungle automatically changed prices to match with buyer fee.

1 Like

Well, first of all… I am glad I read the forum, because I did not get any mail informing me the ADP was already in place… Not serious :frowning:

But… I checked the guys I respect here, in my musical genre, and I am happy to see that… as I expected… they raised their prices, which makes sense.

1 Like

Really not serious!! What kind of attitude is that Envato?!

Unfortunately, I have seen authors I look up to sell their track for $5. Elite Authors as well… This is soul crushing. They probably think it won’t do much harm, as they usually pick one or a few tracks to slash. But there are so many of them, than AJ could be rebranded Fiverr.

We were afraid of the serial cloners going low… turns out Elite does it as well.

I think this is a clever movement by Envato. Watching the amount of tracks increasing every day, Envato wants to separate the old tracks that have the same prices with the new ones but have no sales. So, Envato wants us to do the job, lower the prices of our old tracks, so in few months, buyers will have the option to buy cheap stuff but not the top quality.

Why would “old” equate “low quality”?

And more importantly, why would buyer get your track at full price, when they know you’ll slash your prices in a few months? This business model makes no sense.

3 Likes

I’ll slash my prices in tracks I have uploaded 3 years ago that normally Envato would not approved today because of the lower quality I produced that time (talking for myself…)

I am also concerned about the minimum price of $5. I think they should raise it to $10 at least for the longer tracks.

I know it’s anecdotic, but I just made my first sale with my raised price… feels good!

10 Likes