Codecanyon Wordpress plugins: how to check for updates? Plugin?

old thread is old!

Elfenwald said

Is there a working 3rd party solution in the meantime to really AUTO-update plugins from this marketplace?

Not for WordPress plugins, only WordPress themes. Official Envato WordPress theme update plugin is here: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit

You can install this plugin and it will let you install/backup/update all your purchased WordPress themes rather easily.

Elfenwald said

Is there a working 3rd party solution in the meantime to really AUTO-update plugins from this marketplace?

You could have a look at WP Updates. Seems to be working quite well for some people.

EDIT: Obviously, the author of the plugin has to implement this…

dtbaker said

old thread is old!

LOL - I know :wink: - but old problem seems to be very alive and kicking…

Thanks for your suggestions, guys - but if I understand you correctly, there is no “official” solution by Envato, no workarounds for me as a client (at least not for plugins), and only other, commercial solutions that the theme/plugin author would have to implement… Bummer.

This is a huge problem – I love the Envato themes & plug-ins, but unless this is fixed I’m going to use them very sparingly. Frankly it’s BS to have to go & manually load a plug-in update & a security problem. All my other plugs-ins update automatically from Wordpress or IWP.

We agree we have purchase many plugins from them and assumed that auto update would be standard we are saddened that it is not as we run hundreds of sites and it is not possible for us to use codecanyon as a resource anymore or recommend it to our clients until this issue is fixed.

Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.
John Ruskin

Hi,

I just submited plugin witch works as version checker and updater for any premium plugin purchased from Envato. It works same as for plugins from wordpress.org repository.

If plugin will be rejected (3 other my plugins Envato rejected), I will submit this plugin to Wordpress.org.

@grola did you end up submitting it to WordPress.org or not?

I would LOVE to know if this will get implemented officially by Envato, or if there’s a plugin that can check Envato’s plugins for me. WPMU Dev has their Dashboard, and as a result, I get MANY more plugins from them than I do CodeCanyon/Envato.

How do you install updates without reinstalling the program?