Category Page Experiments

I have some questions. If the new items do not sell then how can they reach to the best sellers? What is the idea of Envato if I have to do all the promotions myself? Take a look, almost zero sales on new items. Unbelievable.

:thinking:

10 Likes

As far as I can see in some categories “best sellers authors” do not upload new items on Market since the Elements have opened. There is some secret connection between Envato and them :star_struck: :heavy_dollar_sign: nobody would give up market earnings just like that…
Regular authors are just one group of sheep and nothing more than that for Envato.

7 Likes

envato doesn’t care about my ideas.
did not sell the projects I trust.

1 Like

Why its a bad idea:

1. Aren’t best sellers making enough money? Give new authors a chance.

2. Your catalogue will look old, for the past few weeks I thought there was no new items in the category then I discovered the default filter was best sellers. Now if I didn’t notice it for weeks, imagine new visitors?

3. You will lose new authors, low sales = means they will leave and sell elsewhere, then your catalogue will slowly deplete.

4 Likes

For those who missed the new update about the Category Page Experiements :

I’am probably gonna leave for good this time. This is a joke.

2 Likes

Bad Experience and Stupid decision !!!

6 Likes

Envato has been building up a reputation for disrespecting the authors for past few years. Series of decisions came out. Most of them were uncomfortable, some disrespectful, some outrages. Just look at this forum design itself … It is designed to keep people out!

This “decision” is the ultimate knock out punch of disrespect !

Hey Envato … I don’t think you can hear because you are so much higher than us, but if you are listening … looks like you are digging your own grave…, because you just punching 95% of authors faces (that is 95% of you own backbone) for a 5% growth !

10 Likes

I do not want to, but probably it is worth looking for another place for music sales. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi,
I want quit my job and continue my work on themeforest, but it doesn’t make sense if default sorting will be set as bestsellers. Can I know what is the future of default sorting? It is very important for me. Sorry for my bad English.

1 Like

Audiojungle is not affected by this decision (as of yet).

I little bit think that it is affected. Or maybe more than little bit. Authors who’s tracks was used by videohive authors are affected a lot.

2 Likes

I have only one question here :
The default Display will be ‘best sellers’ Forever ???

We are afraid it’s forever

3 Likes

This decision is a complete disaster. They even removed the “new category page” now, it’s just best sellers again now, at least that’s what I’m seeing at the moment.

every day, I read this topic with deep sadness …
about future, my team, my family, …

10 Likes

same here. If this is not stopped (sorted by best sellers) all new items made no sale also in this April 2019. Graphic river is the only one source of my income, now seems dark future.

2 Likes

Now everything became clear! It is a pity that you made it in the market envato. Perhaps we have become unnecessary. For you, most likely it is beneficial to develop envatosites and envatstudio.

4 Likes

It’s really bad idea

2 Likes

All authors should stop upload new product.
Envato doesn’t need them.

10 Likes