Category Page Experiments

I am not sure about Envato but I am sure about myself and my products :slight_smile:

@Exill, @BeSquares, let’s not turn this into a who vs who is right challenge. We’re all authors, we’re all in this together. :slight_smile:

Well I don’t think none of us is right or wrong, Everyone see thing from a different side.

@Exill @Enabled cheers :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Its great @BeSquares if you sure about your product’s great sales. We wish you too.

But its really a serious matter for now. Even I am facing this experiment very badly with my newest item. I’m never experience low sales before.

1 Like

We are in the same ship mate :grinning:

Rich and poor were on the same ship too, mates…
We all know the outcome!
One thing for sure, two things for certain, things are worse than the last few years and we were all climbing our own personal charts and were peaking at some points! Now this year is another story, and you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand that most of us, small or medium small authors, are being branched out like weeds through experiments, elements and search engine tweaks! It’s a business, so for me to take it super personal will be a foolish thing to do!
But in business, street or court, a Man has his word to live by and that never changes, cause it’s a moral obligation to fulfil a promise given, even if the news or results are bad!
Have a great selling week, mates! Cheers!

2 Likes

Goodbye healthy competition :frowning:

3 Likes

Sometimes it show newest items and sometimes trending on VH, I think it is because of 25% exposure thing, the experiment is still going. Themeforest too.

“As a result of these positive changes, over the next week, the default sort for these markets will be switching to best selling.”

That means there is no chance for the new items

2 Likes

What does that even mean? It will be for one week only or permanent? Seems vague…

It is not. They say that over the next week, they will permanently change the sorting to best selling items, no more experimenting.

1 Like

It’s permanent. Let’s try to move the next steps

Dear Authors Please be patient. Upcoming Experiments as follows

• More commented items
  • Oldest Items
  • Unupdated Items
  • Best Deleted Items
  • 2nd Saturday released Items

Experiment End Date will be announced next year. Happy farewell day

9 Likes

As per the announcement here: https://forums.envato.com/t/category-page-experiment-update-new-category-page-design-for-wordpress And seeing that this changes seem here to stay, we are suggesting some design changes around this that could work to increase traffic for new items and also shine light on some hidden gems:

https://forums.envato.com/t/petition-to-envato-new-category-pages-design

3 Likes

Hi James @jamesgiroux
I dont understand the reason of this experiment - of course the best sellers will sell better especially if customers cant see the new items. But you are killing the new items and a new authors.
I have lost all my money on my last 2 years long project and will never made a new items on the themeforest.
I have no words to describe my situation.

5 Likes

O wow Envato!! Low quality themes are being published on themeforest now. Giving themes like Avada more and more power. I personally dont like the design of avada as it is very old and there are other much prettier and powerful themes available on the market. Powerful becoming more powerful now hence quality authors are hesitant to publish their months of new hardwork -_- It scares me alot as an author.

3 Likes

Sorry brother but your new 'Berserk" theme does not give me the feel of a very premium and ground breaking design. It gives me the feel of designs that are similar to others already published once.

I think it would be utterly ridiculous if the “best sellers” did not convert 5% higher :smiley: They are best sellers for a reason.

The idea is to give new items a chance. ThemeForest is taking away the chance for new items to fight back. Authors would have to market their own items using Adsense, Advertising, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, the new changes absolutely benefits us, as a power elite author with establish items.

Will we ever going to submit a new theme? Maybe 1 theme in 1-2 years.

With the latest changes in the last couple of years, I think it is time to question Envato 's 30% cut? Envato is offloading its responsibilities to authors with these changes.

It’s time to deduct “marketing” from this 30% cut.

18 Likes

@Atamotion I deleted the post, it’s against our community guidelines.

Everyone, please read and follow our community guidelines as you post: https://forums.envato.com/tos

Thank you.

4 Likes