Cant Update Visual Composer in Bridge Theme - Yoast Blank

I have a site using the Bridge Theme purchased from Themeforest. There is a message that is prompting us to activate and update the visual composer. We I go to do so, it takes me to a tab “brainstorm” and says Let’s get started - but once I fill out the info - nothing ever happens it just spins.

Why is child theme showing different version than parent?

Yoast is not working and all themes and plugins appear to be updated.

Hi,

Here is your item visual composer solution
https://qode.ticksy.com/articles/5860/
https://qode.ticksy.com/article/11730/

This is your item support

Contact with your item author @QODE
any kind of question about Bridge you can ask at here

they will help you to solved your issue

thanks!

Theme Bundled plugins do not have their own licenses. This means they cannot be activated for updates.
All bundled plugins update responsibility is the theme’s author. So you can safely ignore any plugin activation messages. Just always download the theme latest version to get latest update plugins.
You can check this Help article:

child theme showing different version than parent because in every update child theme didn’t updated but parent theme got updated.

Note: before doing any update best practice is keep a full backup

You can collect uptodate theme bundle plugin from downloading latest version theme from Downloads. About any concern you can contact your purchased theme author Contact Author

Ignoring the plugin updates has lead to Yoast not working. We cannot figure out what is breaking it.
We read it could be Visual Composer, WP Bakery, Layer Slider or the Theme. All are updated - I even had to buy separate license keys as they werent updating with the theme.

How do you update a child theme? It is supposed to update when the parent updates?

actually when we use child theme then all of our customization work include in child theme that’s why chcild theme update is some risky. because in that case we will loose our customization work. In this view theme Author don’t update/change the child theme except any major coding style change. I don’t think your child theme is doing any problem. I would like to recommend please contact theme Auhtor and let them know. theme Auhtor will be very happy to assist you.
Also please go to your purchased theme details page and check plugin version compatibilty because plugin compatibility can be an issue.

A developer purchased this theme - but now I need to get all the updated files - how can I do so from my account?

Hi, I have replied about this in my previous reply in post 3:
You can collect uptodate theme bundle plugin from downloading latest version theme from Downloads. About any concern you can contact your purchased theme author Contact Author. Thanks