Can someone explain calculations of the discoutend products

An item https://themeforest.net/item/vesteo-business-multipurpose-responsive-theme/19210818
discounted to $14 from $29 result in only $2.75 to the author (this is not even 30%) all my products are selling exclusively only in Envato so I need to earn at least 50% from the sale

PS. As you can see there is a roll for an extended license too

Next sale in my statements is from product priced at $12 and I earn $6,99 which is more to be correct.

PS. can someone from Envato stuff explain me - WHAT IS THIS? Because it seems all my sales in ThemeForest are wrong on discounted products, the ones from CodeCanyon are correct?!

Vesteo is a wordpress theme and you know that buyer fee will not effect when yu will apply discount tools. so when discount price $14 then you have to calculate your earning ($14 - Buyer fee - author fee). hope you understand.

No I dont understand - where is the difference ?!
Why one plugin give $6.99 on price $12 and one WordPress theme give me only $2.75 (including extended support) at price of $14

I totaly do not get it!?

very simple just go to edit your theme then set price $14 and there you will see a link how much you will earn from this. clck on that it will show you your earning. do you know buyer fee for wordpress theme is $12. so $14 - $12 = $2 and deduct author fee (in your case $0.75) so your earning will be $1.25.

Author fee is on the image I share and it is not $12

may be you didn’t check my reply carefully.
$12 is buyer fee and author fee (in your case 37.5% mean 2x37.5/100 = $0.75)
( ( Item Price - Buyer fee ) - TAX ) - Author fee = Your Earning

I sell this theme from 3-4 years and I never earn so low author earning - so I really dont know how the math in Envato is changed ?!

no, nothing changed in earning calculation. you will earn as you set your item price. earning calculation is always same as I mentioned in my last reply.

OK but I expect when Envato say you get 50% from sale, selling exlusively to get at least $7 from item priced $14 not just $2.75 (including the 6 months extended support !!! ) I`m not in possition to support an sale for one year for $2.75 - WTF?!?!

where you got it? can you provide evidence.

I`m not in possition to support an sale for one year for $2.75 - WTF?!?!

The reason for the $12 fee in WP themes is (I assume) to fight (already pretty rampant) price dumping. If you want to earn more, set a higher price. Not exactly sure why you are acting as if someone forced you to discount your items.

What is wrong with that to make promottions?!
I just expect when envato write they get 50% of my sales to get 50% not + xxx + xxx + xxx = $2.75 !

There is no mention about 50%. I mean, it is 50% for new authors if the item price is above certain point because of the buyer fee. It is simply more complicated then just “I should get 50%”. You are operating on the wrong assumptions.
Anyway, you can see exactly how much you will earn when you edit your item and click on “How much of this will I earn?”.

There is nothing wrong with making promotions, but the marketplace has to do something with the price dumping because it will otherwise destroy the market in the long-term.

in that link you will get a list of author fee based on author total sales. there is no text about your fixed earning 50%.
I am surprised why you arguing here where you know the earning calculations.
Also in Manage Discount tools you will see a clickable link ‘How much of this will I earn?’
If you click on that and set your item price you will know how much You’ll earn.

if you like to earn more from your item sale then you have to set your item price accordingly. chepest item can’t give you more earning.

Please check everything clearly and hope you will find your answer and you will understand.

Anyway, I just continue to not understand why there must be so many hiddne things in this calculation.

And YES when envato say we get from you 50% from any sales they MUST be 50% - is this so hard?!

I understand the USA fee - there is reason but all other hidden bullshits are not good?!!

I just continue to not understand why there must be so many hidden things in this calculation.

For the third time, you can see exactly how much you can make when you edit your item and click on “How much of this will I earn?”. It is actually very transparent and nothing is hidden.

And YES when envato say we get from you 50% from any sales they MUST be 50% - is this so hard?!

Where exactly they say that? Again, you are working with false assumptions. What are you talking about is NOT a thing for several years.

Again, you have completely misleading information. The fee calculation was introduced years ago and all this was discussed to death over the forums. Most importantly, all this information is public.

If you want to dig deep into the topic, check out this article:

And if you weren’t around for where these changes were introduced, here is the original forum thread: