Brand new Forum and Brand new Track with Video

Hello fellow AJ musicians

after quite a while i’ve found some time to write a track for the Sonic Cube project and collaborated with the Singer El Grey from Ireland. Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts.

Thanks and good sales for everyone and “may the forum be with us” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Like it! Bravo!

1 Like

Dude, now THAT’S how you collaborate, great track and video! :star: Tell us about how the video was created (presuming you and the vocalist were both in different countries) and a little bit about how communication works between multiple artists.

1 Like

Wow! Nice sound and video! Good luck with sales!

1 Like

This is straight up insane! Awesome stuff!

What @scottwills said! How’d you find each other?

1 Like

Hello Scott

thanks for the positive feedback, glad you like it!

The collaboration happened trough some posts i made in various forums and plattforms like INDABA that i am looking for singers. Quite a few contacted me first, but most of them just dissapeared at one point as they might not had enough motivation or so. El Grey was very motivated and very inspiring to work with her. She took her time in the nights to record vocals and stuff as she has 2 kids and husband, there’s not much free space during the day. For the very first record sketches she even went at night to her car and recorded there with a portable record device to not wake up her children in the house :smile:

She also had this Idea for the video and i let her do whatever she wanted, as i would anyway not appear in the video :slight_smile: A friend of her made all the edit and compositions for the video. It was very low budget, just a green screen (self made from fabric) had to be bought.

The plan was originally to release a complete Album with Trip Hop - Downbeat tracks with collaborations, but so far only the one with Marte ended up with vocals. Some of the other tracks are availabla as instrumentals and free download on Soundcloud here : https://soundcloud.com/soniccube/sets/sonic-cubes-trip-hop-phase

So, if you are a vocalist and reading this, feel free to get in touch for a collaboration on one of the other tracks i have on my HDD :smile:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and have a great Sunday.

Daniel

2 Likes

Great work and nice collaboration! :slight_smile:

Wow, Very nice mate. This community really have a creative people around

Great stuff, nicely done :slight_smile:

Wow, such a great story, SonicCube!! I particularly loved this part of the story:

####For the very first record sketches she even went at night to her car and recorded there with a portable record device to not wake up her children in the house

How focused and driven and dedicated is that?! Incredible story! Thank you so much for sharing. :star:

really very nice