Best Spitfire Library for Beginning.

So, this is far off (since they do not accept paypal, or paypal pay later).

I was just wondering what I should be saving up for. My mouth waters when I hear their demos. I have decided that I want to save up for their libraries in the future.
What should I start with? I was thinking Sable Ensembles (also probably one of the cheaper ones).
Any advice?

Spitfire sample libraries are awesome…if you could afford it get the Hans Zimmer Percussion at some stage.

Lay off the Jalapenos and you won’t… oops sorry You said spitfire, my bad!

StoneColed said

Lay off the Jalapenos and you won’t… oops sorry You said spitfire, my bad!

lol, I’m a veteran at this though. I ate 2 Trinidad Scorpion peppers at one time before. I had a horrible night --had to leave work early. I swore I would never do it again. I was curled up on the floor crying like a baby. I could handle the spice, but not the aftermath lol

gballx said

Spitfire sample libraries are awesome…if you could afford it get the Hans Zimmer Percussion at some stage.

Definitely on my wish list :slight_smile:

Their stuff is pretty good, but expensive. They have BUNDLES now (sort of miffed on that one, as I spent a ton of money to buy stuff individually right before the bundles came out.)

I guess it depends on what you are trying to write? I’d recommend the BML stuff over the Sable stuff for orchestral work, but damn, the Sable stuff sounds good. Albion is still a pretty good value for coloring things.

If your serious about using the spitfire libraries, just make sure you have a fast enough computer with enough memory. I’ve got 32 gigs of RAM and a SSD and it is just barely covering it. For me, it’s worth it to not have to not EQ and mix a bunch of instruments and have things sound good (more-or-less) out of the box. It’s also worth it to me to pay the bit extra to not have to deal with ILOK DRM bullcrap (ala East West.)

Buying stuff from Spitfire isn’t the greatest. Not only do they not accept Paypal anymore but they take a day or two to process your credit card payment before they send you download links - at least they did for me.

Finally, a lot of the libraries don’t work like they do in their videos. All the BML Mural String libraries no longer have master patches with all the articulations and keyswitches, so if your used to keyswitching, fugitaboutit. Some of the BML libraries are lacking, in terms of things like you need to buy BML Mural vol 2 to get tremolo patches for all the strings (what?) the Trombone library doesn’t have a solo patch, just a2 (What?) the horn library doesn’t have an a4 patch just a2 (what?) ect…hopefully they release other volumes in the future for these kind of things.

i have albion 3 iceni… the brass/horns ensemble are soo bad ass!! like in the inception movie.

Sable Ensembles is OUTSTANDING.

You also can’t really go wrong with Albion 1/2. Albion 3 is a luxury/niche product really only worth it if you’re doing very heavy (as in loud) orchestral stuff. Falls into the ‘nice to have but not essential’ category.

HZ Percussion is very good too, but you’ll get far more mileage out of Sable Ensembles and Albion 1/2. They offer the best bang for the buck.

garethcoker said

Sable Ensembles is OUTSTANDING.

You also can’t really go wrong with Albion 1/2. Albion 3 is a luxury/niche product really only worth it if you’re doing very heavy (as in loud) orchestral stuff. Falls into the ‘nice to have but not essential’ category.

HZ Percussion is very good too, but you’ll get far more mileage out of Sable Ensembles and Albion 1/2. They offer the best bang for the buck.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Better start saving now… Albion 1, 2 and Ensembles is about 1460 USD lol
Is there a bundle with all of them together, or do they have discounts on custom bundles?

Although, I really like loud, bombastic music, so I will probably want Albion 3 eventually :slight_smile: (Stravinsky and Mahler are 2 of one of my favorite composers).
I think Sonokinetic has good stuff for loud music too, if I’m not mistaken.

Adammonroe, buying stuff from all major librarymakers is tricky now, because of piracy. Personal watermarking takes time, and they check your IP to be sure that you’re not pirate their stuff with torrents.
From some IP audiobro site can never be opened :slight_smile: