I’ve never had a problem with GoDaddy for years, but now things have changed. Maybe they became too large, I don’t know. Long story short:
- I had a domain name which I wanted to let go after expiration.
- I couldn’t disable auto-renew, the site didn’t allow me. " Well, that’s a bummer. This product cannot be canceled at this time. Please contact our customer service team for more information."
- They charged me on a saturday, so I can’t reach any support to get a refund
- They don’t have any ticket / email / live chat support anymore. You’ll have to call them. If you’re lucky, they have a support phone in your country. If not, you’ll have to pay extra to call a international number and prepare to be on hold for a while.
- After an hour search I was able to find a “feature” called ownership protection and domain lock. After removing them I was able to cancel auto-renew.
They clearly made it super hard to cancel a domain renewal or request a refund. This is not OK.
Luckily the payment was made via PayPal, I already opened an issue and I’ll probably get my money back.
So now I’m leaving them. Could you please recommend me a good domain registrar which has proper (not phone) support and a correct domain manager interface?