(Locked) How Much Should A Domain Name Renewal Cost?

When purchased my domain name it cost only $8.99.

I thought that was fair but now when it comes time for renewal it’s going to cost me $20.99.

Is that too much for a domain name renewal, or was the first price just to get me in the door? I don’t mind paying for what’s fair but if it’s extortion then I need to start looking elsewhere. :slight_smile:

What do you pay for domain name renewals?

depends on the domain name, but prices fluctuate i think i payed 12.99 for a .com, if your using godaddy they also have sales and discounts quit often

It depends on the domain name? You mean I’d pay more for a renewal if I had the domain “business.com” or something?

I have standard .com domain name and I purchased it through my hosting provider.

My question is about renewals. What’s fair for a renewal.

Ezii said

It depends on the domain name?

.com, .net ,us etc…

renewals for .coms at godaddy are 11.99

Generally Domain Name Registration cost and renewal cost would be same. Only 50 cents or little more can be different every year as ICANN increase the fee.

If you go to GoDaddy and use the promo code “5years” it is only 7.99 for a .com. :slight_smile:

you are getting robbed my friend

Robbed would be using domaincentral in australia, who once tried to charge me $99.99 to renew an .com.au for 2 years

that’s a train robbery

At one point in time I had about 250 domains with Lunarpages. I would get those renewal emails ever other week for a long time. It was always 9.95 per domain per year. Then one day I noticed they were charging me $20 for each one! So I called and they explained they raised their prices (without telling me of course!) and so I just told them to unlock all of them, and now I have them all on GoDaddy, which has made life way better.

I have a .me and it was fairly cheap a year ago $8.99 but not it’s something like $20! I’m not sure but that sounds like a ripoff. I also have goDaddy which I truly hate!

I wish MT had .me TLD.

DigitalHenry said

I have a .me and it was fairly cheap a year ago $8.99 but not it’s something like $20! I’m not sure but that sounds like a ripoff. I also have goDaddy which I truly hate!

I wish MT had .me TLD.

We have been after a .me for a while, but arent they hard to actually acquire ?

The prices for domains, depends on the company from which you buy it. For example, I use for my blog, a domain .com that costs me almost 10 $ per year. If you payed 9 dollars for your domain and the renewal costs doubler than in the first year, I think you should look for other sites as well.
Good luck!

3 year old thread…