AuthorID checks for AudioJungle Authors during September

Hi all. Author ID checks for AudioJungle Authors will be starting soon - this thread has all you need to know about the process.

What’s happening?

During September, AudioJungle authors will be required to complete an Author ID check to verify the identity of the account owner. As there are so many authors selling on AudioJungle, checks will be staggered over the first couple of weeks of September.

If you haven’t already completed an ID check and are an Author with Audio content as your primary asset type, you will receive an email notification with more information and a link to access your ID check when your check is available.

:exclamation: Please do not contact Author Support to request an ID check, unless you have not received one by September 15.

We previously announced the introduction of Author ID here when the process began for new Envato Author accounts. Since then we’ve rolled out ID checks to all ThemeForest authors and CodeCanyon authors in late 2021, with VideoHive authors and GraphicRiver authors following in early 2022. We are now including current AudioJungle authors in this process.

What’s an Author ID check?

An Author ID check confirms the identities of our authors, requiring photo ID documents and a photo (selfie) of the account owner. This provides a trusted environment for our customers and authors to conduct business, and maintain the success of our community.

We work with Jumio to conduct these ID checks - one of the world’s leading end-to-end ID verification solutions. Your privacy and security is our highest priority, and we use multiple safeguards (technical, procedural, and physical) to ensure the safety and integrity of your data

We believe that these checks help to protect both authors and customers. Customers can have more confidence when purchasing items, and authors can benefit from knowing that they’re working in a more trustworthy marketplace - this levels the playing field for all authors in the community.

:exclamation: For more information, please see our Help Centre article on Author ID Checks - we’ll be keeping this up to date with answers to all frequently-asked questions about the process.

My account is already verified - am I affected?

Many authors have already successfully completed an Author ID check. If you have already received confirmation from Envato that your account is verified, you won’t need to complete a new check.

I have more than one account - do I need to complete an ID check for each one?

Yes - you will receive a separate check for each of your accounts and will need to verify each one individually.

5 Likes

and if I went through the personal identification two months ago and did not receive anything in the email what should I do?

1 Like

Hi @ShtakalBerry! I can confirm that your account has already been verified - you should have received an email confirming this, but it may have been treated as spam.

I’ll check to find out what should be displayed in Envato Verify if you have already completed an ID check, for anyone else who wants to check the status of their account.

3 Likes

Update:

• If you have previously gone through the AuthorID process, you can go to https://verify.envato.com/ and login with your Envato username and password.
  • You will be able to see your previous check(s) and the status of these.
  • If you see a message along the lines of “You have no Author ID checks” it means that you haven’t been sent an ID check for this account.
1 Like

Thanks for the response!
I see my verification process but only for 2020

1 Like

Hello, @BenLeong ! My brother is in the occupied territory in the city of Izyum, he does not have access not only to the Internet, but also to telephone communications. How to be in such a situation and in similar situations with the citizens of Ukraine?

2 Likes

Hi @RapirasMaks! We have paused the Author ID verification process for all authors based in Ukraine, as many others have raised similar concerns. We’ll notify all Ukrainian authors when this re-starts for them, but for now they won’t need to worry about it.

3 Likes

can I have a link?

We’ll be sending out links for AudioJungle ID checks in batches, with the first group starting this Thursday (Sep 1).

All AudioJungle authors should receive a link by September 15, except for those based in Ukraine.

1 Like

I’m closing my account because of this. I hope others do the same.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m not sure where to get help with this. I uploaded both the front and back of my personal ID, but when I get to the last step which is to take a selfie, the app shows the photo in a cartoon like mode, glitches and does not work properly at all. Can you kindly double check on this. This was using the Iphone 13 Pro Max and chrome. Thanks.

Hi @InspiringIdeas. Our ID team has confirmed that your ID photos and selfie have both come through fine - they’ll escalate this to Jumio for further review.

@BenLeong @Will4490 i have second (dead) account LumenMediaFX which i opened 7 years ago and it had only one item. I got verification letter on it, but asked support to close this dead account. But since my letter to support there were no response. Can you help me?

Hi…I have received the email wanting me to complete the Author ID Check. When I click the start check button it takes me to a page that says this:

Envato Author ID Check

You have no Author ID checks.

What do I do? I cannot seem to get to the page to start the ID check.

Hi there @BenLeong

What happens if we don’t provide our ID verification?

Hi all.

@RainyAudio There is more information in the AuthorID FAQ article here. Completing an Author ID verification is now a requirement to sell on AudioJungle, so accounts that don’t complete this will be disabled, and items removed from sale. If your account is closed in this way, you can request and complete an ID check later on, and the account will be re-enabled.

@LumenMedia I’ve raised this with our support team - they have many tickets at the moment though, so there may be a delay in responding.

@1657lindz Are you sure you’re signed into the account that the ID check was sent for? 1657lindz doesn’t appear on the list for the current batch of checks. If you have a different AudioJungle account, please try signing in to that one and trying your ID Check link again.

Thanks!

1 Like

Upon a deeper dive into my Envato account it seems as if there are two accounts set up for me. One is 1657lindz and the other is PonyBoyProductions. I’m sure I did that somehow years ago although I cannot remember why.

The email I received from Envato for the ID Check is for the 1657lindz account and it indeed does say “You have no author ID Checks” also in that account it shows that I have no items in my portfolio.

The PonyBoyProductions account does show my portfolio that has 45 items in it. So the question I have is Do I need to have an Author ID Check for PonyBoyProductions? If so I’m guessing I’ll get another email from Envato with that link, right? I do not see a way to be signed into the PonyBoyProductions account and use the ID Check link.

Also if the 1657lindz account doesn’t have my portfolio in it, is there any reason to even have that account? If not, how do I delete it? If I do delete it I just want to make sure the PonyBoyProductions account is not effected by doing that.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I’m from Serbia and my government issued ID card has cyrylic characters on it, but on the back there is Latin version Of my name but it has some symbols mixed in like: CULJIC<<ALEKSANDAR<<<<. On the front My name is written as ЧУЉИЋ АЛЕКСАНДАР. Name on myaccount with audiojungle is Aleksandar Culjic
Will I pass the test? I don’t want to loose account after almost 10 years because of this small thing.thanks

I can’t take a photo. I tried it twice. I don’t receive a letter to check again. What should I do?