AudioJungle, Answer, what is a "commercial track" ?????

Today, the 19th track was rejected. As always with the standard wording - "This submission does not meet AudioJungle’s commercial composition/arrangement standard, unfortunately."
Please give a link to the information that would be for yourself once and for always to figure out what a Commercial track is, that would stop making mistakes in the future, which I do not understand! Thank you.

Inspirational motivational happy ukulele. What else? :sunglasses:

I just need a link to the official information.

I know what you mean, it’s a very broad term. I once thought that you could be yourself on Audiojungle, that you could offer music that was wearing a part of you. I have often worked with people who needed music and was often told that “they were looking for something different”. It made me think, and as time progressed I learned how to step out of the standards of music I created along the way. It felt so good! No rules and restrictions, full creative artistic freedom. I tried things that I had never done before, and by chance I learned new things. And gradually - most important - I learned to know myself more, what my feelings were and where my heart was.

Nevertheless, I also have the idea that AudioJungle is not the place for things like these. If you look at the bigger picture, it’s pretty cheesy around here. I do not see that much courage of other producers who dare to step out of the box. Why should you, if that’s the exact reason why your music is not accepted - because the market is ‘not asking’ for such things.

Commercial standards - I guess - is check out the top sellers around here and see that it is not very special (not meant to be an insult). Often, I even struggle to distinguish the music from each other. It’s very much the same, just like pop music. Low entry threshold, easy and straightforward. Many of the same chords, and the same instruments. I think it’s a matter of ‘willing’ to let yourself go and produce just for the market, even if that means you are not standing behind your own product.

Buy a ukulele, and you’re already halfway through.

But that’s what I think.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion. I’m more interested in information from Audiojungle. They constantly refer to the “non-commercial track” but to give information about what a “commercial track” is refusing.

Tracks that get approved on Audio Jungle have a structure and arrangement that will interest buyers to use on their projects. Music that is commercially viable does not need to be simple or complicated - what would catch the attention of a listener and has a form that could tell or support a story. Music that is a personal project do not sell. Music can be dark and horrific and that will sell. Structure commonly 30, 60, 120 second tracks allow a potential buyer to use in their project.

2 Likes

Search for music in Audiojungle in the style you’re composing and listen to the newest accepted tracks in that style to get a sense of what is demanded. There are many similar and generic tracks in the genres that have most sales, but you will also find unique and original music here.
Listen to the production and compostion; how long is a typical intro? How does most track ends? How many different parts are there? Does it stay in the same key and time throughout? And so on… The most important thing in my opinion is to write in a style you are comfortable with and enjoy, but at the same time it has to be adapted to fit in the AJ market.

1 Like

Tell me, why do they
write to me the obvious things that I know and use, but no one can just
give a simple banal reference to official information? Do not waste your time describing to me what I know.

With that attitude you will never get any help and stock music production probably isn’t for you. You’ve been encouraged to share your music to get feedback, you’ve had your tracks listened to by reviewers 2 times, gotten tips and feedback from Adrien as well as many composers. If this isn’t sufficient I think you should probably just give up…

2 Likes

Seems that you are unlikely to understand that there is no ‘simple reference’ to what commercial music really is. They already mentioned things above that you should keep in mind, and they are most likely the same answers you could expect from a reviewer.

1 Like

Post a link to one of your rejected tracks and let the community offer some advice and possibly help to get your music approved in the future.

2 Likes

Understand, I use everything that I wrote above. My experience with music is about 30 years. At
me here, on Audiojungy in the beginning have accepted three tracks
which in comparison with that that I do now simply pitiful parodies. I just want to know what I’m doing wrong. I want to know this from reviewers. You see. The question first of all I asked Audiojungle.

Good luck getting answer from them. Just post the tracks.

Audiojungles see my tracks and so. The essence of the information they refer to. I want to read, study and use it. What could be simpler?

Just post the track and let people here help you.

Audiojungles see my tracks and so. The essence of the information they refer to. I want to read, study and use it. What could be simpler?

OK, try to understand:

There is no exact definition of a ‘commercial track’. It is subjective. When they write you that it doesn’t meet AJ’s commercial standard, it means that even if they approved it, they (the reviewer) thinks that it won’t sell. But in your case the issue could be composition or arrangement as well. You need to listen to a lot of approved tracks not just judge them, but try to find what do they have in common.

http://dropmefiles.com/dM9nE

I just need official information and not a subjective opinion. Otherwise, we would write in response - according to our subjective opinion, this track will not be sold.

Well this totally not my genre, but here are my cents… two of em,

I think if you want to try these sort of tracks which AJ has more then enough of, you need to deliver the best quality there is.
It’s a oversaturated genre, so if you want to fit in and take sales away from the top sellers, you need to have at least equal production and writing skills… also, you need to be better then all of those copycats who write in this genre as well

There are authors who nail this sound and because of that awesome production they have great sales.
But there are also much more authors who try to nail this sound but just don’t have that polish and commercial quality that these top authors do have.

The reviewers are very strict when it comes to this genre i think, and they are filtering it so that they only end up with the best of the best in this oversaturated marketplace. pure quality and commercial value.

It’s not bad at all Andrei, but i think it’s in a genre where you need to have the very best music, production and writing skills… this track probably does not meet these high standards.

3 Likes

Give please the web link to the standards. You in your expanded response did not give me any useful information about the errors of this track. As well as the reviewers of Audio Jungle. I do not see the possibility of developing without knowing my mistakes.