AI Generated music - Abuse of uploading numerous tracks

Dear composers,

I would like to ask you for your opinion.

I believe that this portfolio is uploading massive numbers of tracks generated by AI. As you can see first 2-3 pages with over 60 Tracks has been published in one day 8may 2024…

Audiojungle accepts AI generated tracks ? In few months If also new users will upload AI generated tracks it will really ruin our hard work what we put here for many years.

Thank you for your comments regarding my topic.

7 Likes

Hi Luke!

I also noticed this account. Everything about it is odd. The account was created way after Envato announced that they won’t be taking new music authors. It has no profile, no landing page picture, no thumbs. Yet, it was instantly added to Elements.

I publicly asked about the criteria behind all this and the reply was pretty straight forward. No reply whatsoever.

@BenLeong , @KingDog , any info about this kind of cases?

6 Likes

This profile attracted my attention. I am shocked. Account opening date and uploads. Interesting.

1 Like

This is expected. Very soon, stock markets and the entire internet will be filled with music generated by AI.

3 Likes

Perhaps this is the page of Skynet itself))) But, it’s sad. Terrible music. How envato allows this to happen… unclear

1 Like

IMO, there’s not the slightest doubt about that. I also think that some composers will adapt and USE AI more as a tool than for full finished tracks. But it definitely will impact VERY drastically in the stock markets. It’s amazing to me how fast it is developing.

I understand that people who is making a living out of this think it’s hype, but I’d be considering alternatives and quick also… separate comment:

1 Like

True and VERY recent story:

The indie game studio I’m currently working on (doing Sound Design, not music) just started making all its 15s IG reels with Udio. The comments have never been so flattering about the background music.

There was a few guys behind their SM music until a few weeks ago, when they subscribed to Udio. I was one of them. Around $700 vanished for these people, me included. Things are moving fast as hell.

I don’t see AI replacing ingame music and custom SFX anytime soon, but we are facing something that’s making its first babysteps so who knows what will happen in… a year? Half a year?

5 Likes

We’ll wait and see. I will return to my old profession. My old carpenter. Maybe I will continue to play bass guitar.

2 Likes

Sad to read this story but thank you for these informations :frowning: It really seems it will be going this way…Which is not really greate that the art of human composing tracks with soul, passion, emotions will be pushed down with massive impact of randomly generated tracks. This is also answer why the last years our sales get down and down… Now it make sense…

1 Like

Heya. As talked about previously, we’re interested in pursuing customer interest in more authentic sounding music. As production of more niche music carries a bit of a risk for Authors, we want to test the waters to see if we can grow customer interest enough that we can expand on the category. It’s still early days but if the interest is there we’ll definitely be looking at growing it.

I think right now there is no way to prevent AI tracks from being uploaded… but the same counts towards registering them with your PROs.
This will now be a new reality and it is hard to predict what will happen.

As authors the only avenue left is niche and be extremely inventive and creative and try to protect your own work, although it’s hard.

Could you elaborate on this a bit? Does this mean that this profile is AI? Is it Envato’s profile for “testing” the waters? It would be nice to clear the air a bit

3 Likes

This was exactly what I think we deserve to know. Is this account generating AI music? Sounds pretty much like Udio. If so, is it managed by Envato-SS or a third party? Are the rest of the authors allowed to upload AI music too, or use AI generated stems as a part of custom compositions?

3 Likes

If this is the case, why is it registered with HAAWK? Do they know about this?
Currently, you cannot copyright AI generated music.

5 Likes

Maybe soon we will have an AI that makes video games and they will only be left to cry, the same thing for the directors of drones and other landscape images.

1 Like

With the rate that things are going there will be generative albums, movies and games on demand in the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

AI music, images, video cannot be copyrighted, registered in Content ID and sold as is. I wonder how this even allowed? Most companies used pirated content to train their AI.

2 Likes

Should we call Saul and make a big mess out of this!!???

IMG_0199

3 Likes

P.S. While you are just “testing the waters”, watch out not to compromise your paying customers and yourself with copyright and legal issues:

5 Likes

And AI music is the answer? How does that make sense?

1 Like