Addictive Drums vs Superior Drummer

What’s your choice?

My choice is ez drummer 2)))but addictive drums not bad))

Superior Drummer all the way! :smiley:

Addictive Drums 2, definitely!

I also own EZdrummer, but I find that the sounds are too recognizable.

Fortunately, we don’t all have the same taste :slight_smile:

Addictive.

I had the free Addictive Drums, I have ezDrummer and Superior Drummer. All are kind of the same quality, but I have the feeling that Addictive Drums offer a bit more flexibility and customization to the sounds/effects/rooms, while Superior Drummer offer more flexibility on drum design (with all the size, shapes and tuning).

One drum that blew me away was the Sonoma DrumCore. I tried their demo of version 2 or 4 having 2 full kits, one rock, one hip-hop, both really punchy and powerful. Had best results. Yet I opted for ezDrummer because was cheaper, but now I am sort of sorry… Anyway, now on my new material (not AJ stuff, no stock music) I’m having real drummer.

Both! They’re both fantastic in their own way and I use them both regularly. The Addictive Drums 2 Update was great and necessary, very good playability with my E-Drum Set, very little editing needed. Love Superior drummer for its ability to change the sticks to brushes, hot rods or felt tips.

AD2, was lite on my computer, so I picked it and I like it.

I like AD better than EZDrummer but not sure about superior drummer.

I’ve never been dissatisfied with Studio Drummer, but a very successful producer I know from out of Nashville swears by Superior Drummer (when his client doesn’t have the budget for live drums).

Interesting discussion! I have to admit that out of all the virtual instruments, I have a real addiction to drum libraries. I have used Superior Drummer and EZ drummer for years(and love them) but I have some credit built up on big fish audio and was thinking about getting Addictive Drummer 2.

Interestingly enough, I was talking to an actual drummer at a gig the other day that said out of all of them, the sound and response from Native Instruments Studio Drummer was by far his favourite, (a real surprise to me as it is one of the libraries that I have but haven’t really paid attention to). I’d like to hear from other drummers what they consider to be the most responsive and just plain fun to play. :slight_smile:

DeksinedCreation said

My choice is ez drummer 2)))but addictive drums not bad))

I tried to use it!sounds good!but not sure it’s enough quality for audiojungle)

benjijackson said

Interesting discussion! I have to admit that out of all the virtual instruments, I have a real addiction to drum libraries. I have used Superior Drummer and EZ drummer for years(and love them) but I have some credit built up on big fish audio and was thinking about getting Addictive Drummer 2.

Interestingly enough, I was talking to an actual drummer at a gig the other day that said out of all of them, the sound and response from Native Instruments Studio Drummer was by far his favourite, (a real surprise to me as it is one of the libraries that I have but haven’t really paid attention to). I’d like to hear from other drummers what they consider to be the most responsive and just plain fun to play. :slight_smile:

Hmm…interesting!I have never taken seriously to the drums by NI

I’m mixing a client’s metal album with NI studio Drummer right now;

I’ve used other NI AR drums, and they were nice too, though the vintage drums definitely weren’t suited for every style.

Using the studio drummer I find can yield some incredible results, and it really takes to my processing it as if I’m processing a real kit. I like that the samples aren’t already over processed, such as is the case with some of drummer’s I’ve done live sound for who use Roland TD drums. Those can just be gross.

I’m sorry guys, I’n not following the thread, but read this:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/article/2077-addictive-drums-used-on-avril-lavigne-s-award-winning-album-.html

Nice Luca, thanks for sharing the article. I like superior drummer but addictive drums might be interesting to try out. Do they ever put out any free demos or free trials?

Of the two, I like SD, but Steven Slate Drums have been my favorite, lately!

I think I’m going to do a drum library comparison review soon. I recently got BFD3 and was very disappointed. The shotgun effect on the snare is the worst I have heard of many drum plugins, including the free Drum Mica. Did they do any round robins at all? It’s very striking. Given the reviews and amount of praise for the plugin I heard, I was expecting much more. I guess if it has 20 or so kits, and it’s 50 GIGs, that’s 2.5 Gigs per kit? I know size isn’t everything, but it isn’t nothing either. I would expect a more deeply sampled kit --they should delete some kits and add some more samples to the ones they keep, to make it a better quality.
It’s not bad in other regards (tweakability), but the shotgun sound just left me speechless in a bad way. I like to play the snare a lot, and sometimes rapidly, so I need a better sound (even rolls sound bad).

Addictive Drums 2, FTW.
Fairfax it’s the best library that i ever played in my drumkit.

Superior.