Best Drum Sampler or Drum VST?

Hi Guys! I am just about getting into making serious music. What would you recommend for a good drum sampler or vst?

Thanks so much

ShermanJackson said

Hi Guys! I am just about getting into making serious music. What would you recommend for a good drum sampler or vst?

Thanks so much

What sort of style of music do you plan to make? This will initially dictate what software to go for.

I would want to dive into different styles of music, perhaps I would need something that could do most styles (if any)…??

There are plenty of good drum samplers. My favourite: Addictive Drums, Ezdrummer and Steven Slate Drums.

I think it’s enough to make good music.

How good is battery 4?

Superior drummer is simple awesome

ShermanJackson said

How good is battery 4?

Battery 4 is very good, but it’s more suitable for electronic music where you don’t need a lot of velocity layers.

For acoustic drums, the ones already mentioned are better.

Also worth mentioning that FXpansion’s BFD3 was released a couple of days ago too, which looks to be a serious contender in the drum plugin market, and more advanced than it’s predecessor.

Personally, I’m using XLN Addictive Drums, mainly using the Vintage Dry ADPak. The drum sounds on that pack are just awesome. Originally intended for that 70s retro disco sound, I’ve found they work very well in corporate/pop/rock mixes too, with a wonderfully warm and rich feel about them.

Hey Sherman!

Nice to hear that you are about to enter the Jungle :smiley:

Battery 4 is just amazing! With an insane library containing 143 different kits, you will easily find the proper sound for any style!

If you want realistic and superb drum sounds, you´ll have to take a closer look at Toontrack´s Superior and EZ-Series. The Toontrack samplers and all the expansions have a huge midi library as well, so you won´t have to care about fills, breaks, verse and chorus parts anymore.

If you want to create realistic sounding drums I would suggest you the “Abbey Road Modern Drummer” - Library. Sounds amazing! I used to work with Addictive Drums too, they have an amazing jazz-brush extension.
If you want to produce electronic drums you should have a look at those products by D16 (Nepheton, Drumazon…)
Have fun! :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you can afford it, but Ocean Way Drums is amazing!! I had the chance to try it out. But the price starts at $399.99 haha. I just thought it deserved to be at least mentioned.

Another for Addictive Drums. Just beacuse my friend play drum ( and not make music) and he loves addictive cause “it has a lot of sounds and I can play in different styles”

bought my self Addictive drums Today! For 79.20$ with a Free Black Velvet pack. They are pretty good easy on CPU and if you are new to music, I think, that they are pretty much good to go out of the box :D. Now I am not saying that they are the best. But Looking that you are from US. You can call your local Guitarcenter.com and Check their stuff out. Ez drummer right now is on sale for 99$ as well.

I really like Steven Slate Drums but I am about to buy the Sonar X3 upgrade that includes the full version of Addictive Drums. I also use Battery if I m doing anything urban or electronic. Lots of good options out there as mentioned above.

Sound good, in my opinion, “Abbey Road Modern Drummer” :slight_smile:

Session drummer from Native Instruments is what I use. It comes with Komplete Ultimate 9, which is a must have for anyone in electronic music production.

you may want to have a look at rayzoon jamstix, the best “VST drummer player” around!

bosone said

you may want to have a look at rayzoon jamstix, the best “VST drummer player” around!

+1…great player, but not necessarily the best samples, so consider pairing with another sample player.

Stylus RMX. Still using it 8 years on and sounds fresh.

i own all ezdrummer packs, all xln AD Drumpacks, and all the NI abbey road products, plus a few other NI 3rd party drum sample libraries. all our cool for different applications and reasons, but the best all around drum pack out there right now is Indie Folk EZX :

it has enough kit options in it to fit into most genres right out of the box, plus it was recorded in one of the best rooms i have heard out of any of these packs. it feels “real” at all times. plus, the “4 mic” only preset is just killer.