Account transfer

Hello, I didn’t know where to create this thread, so I’m creating it in this section of the forum.

On March 10th, we initiated the account transfer procedure. On March 20th, 10 days after the first request, I passed the ID check required to verify my identity. And now for the fourth week I’m waiting for a payment profile to be created for me.

I have absolutely no idea what the reason is for such a long delay and why the simplest technical task is stretched out over such a long period of time. The support team can’t help me at all and it seems that they don’t know what’s going on.

I ask @BenLeong and @KingDog to see what can be done in this situation. I realize that it’s probably a pretty complicated and complex procedure. But it clearly doesn’t take 4 weeks, with all due respect to you.

Thanks

1 Like

Just send a follow-up email to your ticket ( rather than creating a new one ) but due to Easter holiday, it’s normal that it’s taking a bit longer than usual but usually Envato support is slow with those kind of matters

1 Like

@ki-themes I think you misunderstood me. I’ve been emailing the support team for a month and wondering why it took so long to create a payment profile for me. And every week they can’t give me anything concrete.

I just get the impression that the support team itself doesn’t know what is going on.

Envato doesn’t have the system to transfer the accounts ( per terms and policy )
If they agree to do it, they will need to perform changes manually that several staff may need to get involved - considering their availability, too, I think it’s pretty normal.

2 Likes

@ki-themes I’m sorry, but can you explain exactly what the difficulty is?

To update ID check, in my opinion, is literally to press one button so that the author has the opportunity to reupload documents.

To create a payment profile means to make a new form where you need to enter a new first and last name and then swap it with the old one.

Which of these steps specifically could take four weeks to complete? We are not talking about any complex financial manipulations, all of this is happening within the Envato platform.

But it takes four weeks. Exactly the same amount of time that I approximately usually wait for responses from government agencies.

1 Like

According to the terms and policy, you cannot transfer the account, first of all. Envato is doing something that they shouldn’t be doing from the first place and you’re complaining about now it’s taking long. Just create a normal ticket on the system and see how long it takes to get a respond ( not specifically solution ). I could say it’s minimum 3-5 working days.

They have pretty complex structure and even though they create the payment profile, you may still have some issues ( search the forum, there are one or two cases )

To make sure everything is OK, it would require the “expert” to get involved and this is not anyone’s job description. If you don’t like to wait, just register a new account without any trouble and start using it.

If you prefer to use “an old” account, it means that you have to wait till when they say it’s ready.

For the big companies, it’s more related to the job itself rather than internal communication as the government example of yours. They have to find “that guy” who’s gonna do the changes and “that guy” is probably busy and your account transfer may not be his “work priority”

I know it sounds harsh and it takes time but you need to be patient. You can just request a follow up information on the ticket you have created but most likely it won’t change anything.

@ki-themes

According to the terms and policy, you cannot transfer the account, first of all

I know, but they made it possible by exception. And this process could have been automated in a year.

I can create a Telegram bot right now that will accept all documents in a minute, check their authenticity, and immediately create a payment profile. And I can do it alone, without outside help.

But a large corporation with a hundred employees on the payroll can’t, so it’s waiting for “this guy” who will do everything manually a month or two later. Omegalul.

I know it sounds harsh and it takes time but you need to be patient.

Thank you, but I honestly really want to laugh at this whole situation. And it would be really funny if it wasn’t so sad.

You’re getting help from Telegram :slight_smile: Just code a Telegram and the bot, by the time if there’s no still reply, I personally go to their office and knock their doors :slight_smile:

So, it’s been over a month since I contacted support service. And during this time the situation has not changed in any way.

I talked to some people who had made account transfers before, and in all cases the procedure didn’t take them more than a week.

I have a question: what is the uniqueness of my case that I have been waiting for the creation of a payment profile for six weeks already? Why did it take other people a week, and I’ve been waiting for a month?

This whole situation stopped being funny a long time ago. I just wonder how long it will continue, considering that there is no reason for such a long delay.

Envato stuff is busy with Elements and everything. I have requested a category change 7 days ago, " It would take less than 30 seconds " but still waiting for reply.

Assuming that your situation is more complex, pretty sure it’d take long.

@KingDog @BenLeong

Envato is a huge company with hundreds of employees. And in a month, they haven’t found a single one to do it?

It doesn’t take a lot of time.

I’ve talked to 5-6 people who have done account transfers before. And in all cases it took a week or a little more than a week.

So I am wondering what is the reason for this delay in my case. Considering that I have provided absolutely all the documents and passed all the necessary checks.

Just for the story, how it started

And how it ended

Meanwhile, April 22nd is on the calendar. And I’m pretty sure I’ll be asked to wait another month at the end

Could be.

Could be.

If that happens, I will create a petition on change.org. We will not let this issue go unpunished. :japanese_ogre:

Not gonna help anything as Envato policy actually forbids to transferring the accounts. Again, you’re complaining about something that is been doing as favor. If you could keep continue with this attitude, I’m pretty sure they would change their mind and just ignore you all together.

It’s only you.

Not gonna help anything as Envato policy actually forbids to transferring the accounts. Again, you’re complaining about something that is been doing as favor. If you could keep continue with this attitude, I’m pretty sure they would change their mind and just ignore you all together.

There are exceptions to each of the rules. And just because it’s an exception doesn’t mean you have to do it for months at a time.

It’s only you.

Really appreciate your incredible support :muscle::muscle::muscle:

I’m not working for Envato