A Guide to Producing an Epic Orchestral Track

Hello guys!

For all of you that are in producing epic orchestral tracks and haven’t read this article yet - very informative and usable information about how to take your orchestra pieces to the next level.

Hopes this will help!

LINK
http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/a-guide-to-producing-an-epic-orchestral-track–audio-13389

Thank you! was looking for something similar for a while now.

This is quite informative to say the least. I’ve recently got into composing epic orchestrated trailer music so the timing of you posting this is spot on :slight_smile: Thank you. But! I try to avoid tutorials on composition as much as possible not to get restrained by so called “rules”. I believe that’s the key to making memorable, unique music and if it is of high quality enough it will find it’s buyer eventually even if it doesn’t sound “Batman begins” enough :slight_smile:

Olexandr :slight_smile: We can compuse guide for beginers, about instruments sets\synth
plugins for epic track.

For example you can use:

• Albion I (Strings\Brass\Perc)
  • Albion III (Bass Arp\Action High Freq Arp)
  • For Spiccato I love (Lass 2 ) but you can use Albion I
  • Solo\ Background Piano - The Giant (NI Instruments)
  • Some SFX Design For Tracks: Boom Library - Trailer Kit
  • PLUGINS: Reverb - Art Acoustic Reverb
  • Waves Bundle (but its very expensive for beginers)
  • Fab Filters (EQ, Multiband Compression) i etc
  • Thanks for posting, really in time.

Mexikus said

Olexandr :slight_smile: We can compuse guide for beginers, about instruments sets\synth
    plugins for epic track.

For example you can use:

• I would add NI Damage and ProjectSam Symphobia to the list.

Mexikus said

plugins for epic track.

For example you can use:

• thank you so much for posting this,i was just about to ask what vst instruments to use for orchestral tracks because orchestral samples like Vienna are sooo expensive :slight_smile:

In addition to the first post. This also a good article: http://www.musictech.net/2012/06/cinematic-sound-design/

OlexandrIgnatov said
    Mexikus said

plugins for epic track.

For example you can use:

• I would add NI Damage and ProjectSam Symphobia to the list.

DAMAGE is Havyocity :smiley:

Mexikus said

plugins for epic track.

For example you can use:

That’s quite a expensive package for people who are just getting started with scoring orchestral and

• cinematic music though.

I would recommend:

• Albion 1 (for a allround orchestral package.)
  • Project Sam's Orchestral Essentials (Again, very allround and great sounds).
  • Damage for drums and loops.

.This should be more then enough and all for a decent price… contains big drums, piano, strings and brass for a great score template.

• MysticRavenStudios said

In addition to the first post. This also a good article: http://www.musictech.net/2012/06/cinematic-sound-design/

Great article, Thanks.

I myself just got heavily into producing epic orchestral tracks as well. I use Kontact as my host, and I use Action Strings, Session Strings, and I use the stock brass section from the factory library. I have epic percussion as well and it’s OK I guess. If you are going from realism it’s pretty tough.

I’ve been gone a while and I can’t remember if this counts as self promotion but here’s my latest track, and it’s the first track that I’m honestly convinced it sounds real. I’m always able to hear a little of this and that that sounds fake in synth orchestras, but I really feel like I got the hang of it on my newest one:

Tell me what you think! A lot of it is programming the different voices such as spiccato, sforzando, staccato, sustain, etc.

Daniel James reviews on sample libraries gives also a lot of other tips than just the library. Very nice videos with a lot of info: https://www.youtube.com/user/dazexus

If you are on a budget i would add Garritan Instant Orchestra. it’s a good starting point for cinematic sounds

Wow, a great bit of information.

Thanks

Is there one of these for Uke tracks?

cinematic is not my thing but interesting read thanks :slight_smile:

Another small article/post in addition to the first post. A statement from HZ on making HZ Cinematic Sounds, or just own Cinematic Sounds…

MysticRavenStudios said

Another small article/post in addition to the first post. A statement from HZ on making HZ Cinematic Sounds, or just own Cinematic Sounds…

Interesting to read Hans’s comments on the process. :slight_smile:

Very helpful! :slight_smile: