A CS5 or CS6 file can be opened on CS2?

Hi guys.

Maybe this is a newbie question or something, but I’m not sure about the answer:

If I’m working on psd CS5 and I save my file, that file will be able to open on legacy versions (CS, CS2, CS3…)?

And if that is possible, it works in the same way in Illustrator, so I could save the CS5 or CS6 file and it will be able to open on CS2?

Thanks for your replys!

You can export file from CS5 to IDML and open it in CS4.
Next from CS4 export do inx and open in lesser version Indesign.

In Illustrator you can save as old version ai or save as editable pdf or eps file.

Hi!

in photoshop preferences -> file handling you have option “maximize PSD and PSB compatibility” don’t know exactly what it does but maybe it will help :slight_smile:
if you are making brush you will have to save it in lower version because brush files are compatible upwards (there are some free programs on net for that).

GFXTemplate said

Hi!

in photoshop preferences -> file handling you have option “maximize PSD and PSB compatibility” don’t know exactly what it does but maybe it will help :slight_smile:
if you are making brush you will have to save it in lower version because brush files are compatible upwards (there are some free programs on net for that).

+1

Also if you use some new abilities arrived just in CS4 or CS5, you cant expect you can open it in CS2. But if your file is rather simple or uses old effects kept sice CS2 it will give you some additional guarantees you can open it in previous versions. But you must know exactly which functions were in CS2 and keeped in CS6 etc.

To get 100% guarantee is the only way - open it in CS2. Ce est la vie.