The compatibility of Photoshop CC PSD for other CS version?

Guys, I recently turn to work with Adobe CC version, and I have a new item ready. I like to know the compatibility of Photoshop CC psd, my psd file is simple as just texts, vector layers, smart object layers which are just placed images(linked), layers with mask…which all are not new features.

Can anyone tell me can this file be opened in other CS versions?

dreamwork said

Guys, I recently turn to work with Adobe CC version, and I have a new item ready. I like to know the compatibility of Photoshop CC psd, my psd file is simple as just texts, vector layers, smart object layers which are just placed images(linked), layers with mask…which all are not new features.

Can anyone tell me can this file be opened in other CS versions?

Hi all,
I have a simple PSD file ready for download here https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdzik0epe1a5hhk/A4_Dark_p1.psd
This is a CC version PSD, can anyone who with any Photoshop CS version download it and test for me?(CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5)
See if my CC PSD file is compatible with your Photoshop CSx.

I am appreciated any of your help.

Hi dreamwork,

I downloaded your file, after opening I get this: This document contains unknown data which will be discarded to keep layers editable. To preserve the original appearance instead, choose Flatten to load composite data as flattened image. Options (buttons): Keep layers / Cancel / Flatten.

Some text layers contain fonts that are missing. These layers will need to have the missing fonts replaced before they can be used for vector based output. Buttons: OK

Flatten - only gray background.

Keep layers - I see there only gray background also and all other elements are outside working area. I need to set: Image > Canvas Size … to for example 5000x5000 px - to see some elements.

“Pie” layer group is outside working area.
Layer styles on layer groups are not working.

Missing fonts - AllerDisplay, Aller.

I have Photoshop CS5.1 (version 12.1).

I have installed “Photoshop CC” and is also giving me these problems.

Pretty much the same results as “alchymista” (I have aller font installed)

When I open at first keeping layers, it’s 590 x 422 px - Just a grey canvas.
Pretty much everything appears to be Off-Canvas.

Select an item to transform and it’s off the canvas.

Open flattened and it’s just a Grey 590x422 box.

Open the Smart Object (illustrator) elements are same color as canvas BKG grey,
and placed off the Art board.

Lot’s of problems opening this on MacBook Pro:

CS5 Extended version12.1 x64

Illustrator CS5 15.1.0 Smart Object File opens okay if bars are meant to be Grey.

Now I know to be careful opening CC files, unless you can save differently.

Yep, just tried it on CS2, and after clicking on the computability tab half a dozen times, it brought up a “not able to complete script” or something along those lines error message.

So it doesn’t seem to work with my one!

:sunglasses:

Hi all,
By collecting all your feedbacks, comments, I decided to work with CS4 which is the best down version I have. The biggest problem is the “grouping layer style”, I will soon have a new file and ask your help again, thanks all.