2019 Envato Cyber Monday Sale FAQ

UPDATE: The 2019 Cyber Monday sale is now over. If you’re looking for the 2019 landing page, you can find it here

General information

What is the Cyber Monday Sale Campaign?

Envato’s marketing team are putting together a Cyber Monday sales campaign that will feature 50% off ~500 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive, AudioJungle and PhotoDune on a dedicated campaign landing page.

Cyber Monday is the biggest sale campaign of the year and will feature a selection of best selling and fresh new author-nominated items. These will be displayed on our landing page in two ways:

1. Main Sale items at a 50% discount off their normal sale price. These will be displayed on the landing page throughout the full campaign period.
  2. 48-hour Feature Items also at a 50% discount. These will be featured in customer emails and highlighted in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page at specific feature item periods.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email, social media and affiliates. Our Cyber Monday campaign will be live between Tuesday, 26th November (12pm AEDT) and Tuesday 3rd December (8pm AEST) 2019.

Detailed timeline of events

• Tuesday, October 15: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Sunday, October 27: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Wednesday, November 6: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
  • Tuesday, November 26: The campaign begins, and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
  • Tuesday 26 November(12pm AEDT): The first batch of Featured Items are displayed on the landing page. These will remain on the page until 11:59am AEDT Thursday 28 November.
  • Thursday 28 November(12pm AEDT): The second batch of Featured Items are displayed on the landing page. These will remain on the page until 11:59am AEDT Saturday 30 November.
  • Saturday 30 November (12pm AEDT): The third batch of Featured Items are displayed on the landing page. These will remain on the page until 11:59am AEDT Monday 2 December.
  • Cyber Monday 2 December (12pm AEDT): All Featured Items return to the campaign landing page.
  • Tuesday, December 3 (8pm AEDT): Promotional campaign ends. We’ll send an email letting all participating authors know that the campaign has closed.

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in these threads:

How do I nominate my item for the 48-hour feature category?

Opt in your item to be considered for the 48-hour feature category by selecting “Yes” in the nomination form question.

Can my item appear in both the main sale section and the 48 hour features?

No, if your item is selected for a 48-hour feature it will not appear in the main sale section.

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Wednesday 6th November. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item nomination.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers, and to make sure buying customers have certainty around pricing and the extent of discounts.

For items to stay on the landing page, they’ll have to meet the promotional criteria for whole campaign period. So for those items which do not meet the promotional criteria (ie, if you remove the discount, or attempt to re-price relevant sale items during the sale period), either:

• those items will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market); or
  • the discount will automatically re-applied, at the previously determined discounted rate.

Plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

Will you add more items during the sale?

We occasionally need to add new items during a promotion, if other items have been removed from the sale. If we need to add additional items during the campaign, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 7am and 12pm (AEDT) on 26th November 2019. See above about changes to item prices during the campaign period, and what that means for eligibility.

After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
  • We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
  • Selected items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched on Tuesday, 26th November (12pm AEDT).

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

2 Likes

can I submit more than 1 item?

3 Likes

Is submission of more than one item allowed?

1 Like

I think so! There are multiple mentions of item(s) with the (s) which refers to plural, so I guess so?

Later Edit the form says
You may submit more than one item, but you will need to complete this form SEPARATELY for EACH item.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me, which price I need to add in the form? Item Price or Purchase price (item price + buyer fee)?

the price you and we can see in your item details page mean Item Price.

1 Like

Yes, sure, more items can be submitted. You need to fill out the form separately for each item you submit.

1 Like

Hi @MotionTheoryStudio & @aculix! Yes, you can nominate more than one item - you’ll just need to fill out a separate form for each one.

@RobinMotionArt For the Item Price section, please use the purchase price that a customer would see (including the buyer fee). The landing page will show original and sale prices (e.g. “was $40, now $20”).

2 Likes

I want to ask about the 48hrs featured items:
“Only 4 Featured Items per marketplace will be chosen.”
What do you mean by marketplace? What are marketplaces here? Are they ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, VideoHive, AudioJungle, GraphicRiver and PhotoDune?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @huyp!

Yep, that’s correct - there will be four items chosen for the 48hr feature spot, for each of those six marketplaces (ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, VideoHive, AudioJungle, GraphicRiver & PhotoDune).

Update: Due to a low number of photo authors participating, we’re looking at incorporating PhotoDune into a combined Graphics and Photos tab on the campaign landing page.

Audio, Video, Code and Web Themes & Templates sale items will still be shown in separate tabs on the landing page, similar to previous campaigns.

Hello Authors and BenNelong,

I’m a buyer and I have a message to for you.
For upcoming Cyber Monday event I have a budget and I’m upsolutley disapointed to reading “Only 4 Featured Items per marketplace will be chosen.”. My budget is planed for VideoHive and AudioJungle products first. If I see something realy interesting in the category GraphicRiver…then perhaps I buy it. I’m personally not interestet in ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and PhotoDune products. Sorry Authors, there will be buyers with exactley the oposit buy perspective.

I spent a lot of money for products here on Envato and now my Message:
I’M DISAPOINTED ABOUT THAT SMALL NUMBER OF DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS PER CATEGORY THIS YEAR! MY MONEY WILL BE SPENT ON OTHER MARKETS AND THEIR PRODUCTS THIS TIME!

My Budget is more then the value of four products. Perhaps I d’ont want to have one of them or I own a valid licence already. Spent money won’t come back to you!

@BenNelongdear I hope you will discuss this withs the responsible Envato team and your consideration will lead to a higher amount of products per category. I’m sure there a lot of authors they would be happy to get a chance for Cyber Monday. Be smart and lesson to your community. Or shall I enter Envato Elements? Then I havent to wait for such events and I would save a lot of money.

@Authors Good luck and a lot of sales to you. Still stay creating good stuff and you will get buyers in future too.

Best wishes

Nice, another Cyber Monday! :slight_smile:

Will there also be a 50% discount for Envato Elements? If so, I hope that it won’t be highlighted a lot more than marketplace items, as I think it will take away a lot of potential revenue from item sales.

I only managed to get into the Cyber-Mondays from 2016 and 2017 and they had a big impact on sales (my sales were overall lower at that time), hopefully one of my items will be chosen this year. :heart:

Hi @swipla! Don’t worry - there will definitely be more than four items available in the Cyber Monday sale :slight_smile: The Featured Item comment refers to a specific group of items from each marketplace, which will be promoted a little differently this time.

The “48hr Feature” items are only displayed on the Cyber Monday landing page for a limited time. While they are available they’ll be in a slider at the top of that page, and will receive direct promotion via an email to our customer lists. Those items will be sold at the same discount as the other items in the campaign, though.

The majority of items in the campaign will be “Main Sale” items that are listed on the landing page for the whole week. The landing page will use a similar format to last year’s - we’ll have around 500 items in total, broken into categories (websites, code, video, audio, graphics etc) and sub-categories (wordpress, HTML, After Effects, Premiere Pro, etc).

Hi @tips4design! Good luck with your nominations this year - the campaigns team has just started sorting through them all :slight_smile:

There will be some form of Elements promotion, but the discount % and duration are still yet to be finalised. It’s unlikely to run for the full Cyber week though, so it will be more like a flash sale happening on one of the campaign days.

Hi @BenLeong! Thank you for your reply. Your message sounds good. I’m looking forward to Cyber Monday and hope to find some interesting products. Cheers :partying_face:

1 Like

Has anyone received an email?

I can’t understand: my items have not been taken into the campaign or emails have not been sent yet.

Emails went out overnight, so all authors of selected items should now have a confirmation email.

We had a record number of nominations this year: 5,973 items in total (2k tracks from AudioJungle alone!), and a little over 500 spots on the landing page. The majority of those items met all the nomination criteria, so the Campaigns team have been busily sorting through the shortlist based on data including total or recent unit sales, ratings, and many other factors.

2 Likes

Have you finished the examination now?
I will know whether the video sent has passed or failed.