UPDATE: The 2019 Cyber Monday sale is now over. If you’re looking for the 2019 landing page, you can find it here
What is the Cyber Monday Sale Campaign?
Envato’s marketing team are putting together a Cyber Monday sales campaign that will feature 50% off ~500 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive, AudioJungle and PhotoDune on a dedicated campaign landing page.
Cyber Monday is the biggest sale campaign of the year and will feature a selection of best selling and fresh new author-nominated items. These will be displayed on our landing page in two ways:
- Main Sale items at a 50% discount off their normal sale price. These will be displayed on the landing page throughout the full campaign period.
- 48-hour Feature Items also at a 50% discount. These will be featured in customer emails and highlighted in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page at specific feature item periods.
The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email, social media and affiliates. Our Cyber Monday campaign will be live between Tuesday, 26th November (12pm AEDT) and Tuesday 3rd December (8pm AEST) 2019.
Detailed timeline of events
- Tuesday, October 15: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Sunday, October 27: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Wednesday, November 6: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
- Tuesday, November 26: The campaign begins, and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
- Tuesday 26 November(12pm AEDT): The first batch of Featured Items are displayed on the landing page. These will remain on the page until 11:59am AEDT Thursday 28 November.
- Thursday 28 November(12pm AEDT): The second batch of Featured Items are displayed on the landing page. These will remain on the page until 11:59am AEDT Saturday 30 November.
- Saturday 30 November (12pm AEDT): The third batch of Featured Items are displayed on the landing page. These will remain on the page until 11:59am AEDT Monday 2 December.
- Cyber Monday 2 December (12pm AEDT): All Featured Items return to the campaign landing page.
- Tuesday, December 3 (8pm AEDT): Promotional campaign ends. We’ll send an email letting all participating authors know that the campaign has closed.
Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?
Follow the instructions in these threads:
How do I nominate my item for the 48-hour feature category?
Opt in your item to be considered for the 48-hour feature category by selecting “Yes” in the nomination form question.
Can my item appear in both the main sale section and the 48 hour features?
No, if your item is selected for a 48-hour feature it will not appear in the main sale section.
How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Wednesday 6th November. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your item nomination.
If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?
Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers, and to make sure buying customers have certainty around pricing and the extent of discounts.
For items to stay on the landing page, they’ll have to meet the promotional criteria for whole campaign period. So for those items which do not meet the promotional criteria (ie, if you remove the discount, or attempt to re-price relevant sale items during the sale period), either:
- those items will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market); or
- the discount will automatically re-applied, at the previously determined discounted rate.
Plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.
Will you add more items during the sale?
We occasionally need to add new items during a promotion, if other items have been removed from the sale. If we need to add additional items during the campaign, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
Who is responsible for changing the price of items?
All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 7am and 12pm (AEDT) on 26th November 2019. See above about changes to item prices during the campaign period, and what that means for eligibility.
After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
- We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
- Selected items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched on Tuesday, 26th November (12pm AEDT).
Any other questions?
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.