Our 2020 Cyber Monday / Black Friday sale is now on! Check out the landing page here:
What is the Cyber Monday Sale Campaign?
Cyber Monday is the biggest sale event on the calendar! Envato’s marketing team are putting together a Cyber Monday campaign that will feature 50% off ~500 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive and AudioJungle on a dedicated campaign landing page. Our campaign will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.
Our Cyber Monday campaign will be live between Tuesday 24th November 1am (UTC) and Wednesday 2nd December 1am (UTC) 2020.
This year will be bigger than ever, with an extra ~100 items added to the campaign landing page for Black Friday, another major sale day when customers are actively looking for deals.
What is the difference between Cyber Monday Sale items and Black Friday items?
Selected items will be added to our landing page in two batches:
Cyber Monday Items at a 50% discount off their normal sale price. These will be displayed on the landing page throughout the full campaign period. All items will be listed in the main section of the campaign landing page and a limited selection of these items will be displayed in the top feature section for a portion of the campaign period.
Black Friday Items also at a 50% discount. These will be added to the landing page on Thursday 26th November, 1pm (UTC) and stay there on sale for the remaining campaign period. For the first 72 hours after they are added, Black Friday Items will all be specially labelled in the main section of the campaign landing page. A limited selection of these items will also be displayed in the top feature section for a portion of the campaign period.
Envato staff will choose whether nominated items will be selected as Cyber Monday Items or Black Friday Items.
Detailed timeline of events
- Thursday 15 October: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Sunday 25 October: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Wednesday 4 November: We will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
- Tuesday 24 November: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Cyber Monday items at 12:30am UTC. The campaign landing page is live from 1am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
- Thursday 26 November: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Black Friday items at 12:30pm UTC and they are added to the campaign landing page at 1pm UTC.
- Wednesday 2 December: Promotional campaign ends at 1am UTC and item prices will be returned to their original price automatically.
Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here.
Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?
Follow the instructions in these threads:
- ThemeForest discount item nominations
- CodeCanyon discount item nominations
- GraphicRiver discount item nominations
- AudioJungle discount item nominations
- VideoHive discount item nominations
Will the feature section of the landing page be used during this campaign?
There will be two sections of the landing page to display sale items. All selected items will be displayed in the main sale section, while a limited number of items will also receive special exposure in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page.
The feature items are hand-picked by Envato staff from all items nominated by authors and represent the most popular items Envato Market has to offer. While we can’t promise that your items will definitely be chosen, we’d love to see the best of your portfolio nominated for consideration. This year we will be rotating the items in the feature section during the campaign.
How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email by Wednesday 4th November. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign landing page.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (4th November), please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your item from the selection process.
If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.
If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?
Once an item has met all our promotional criteria and has been scheduled into our campaign, it will appear on our campaign landing page for the specified period of time. Cyber Monday Sale items will be displayed for the full campaign period and Black Friday Bonus items will be added on the 26th November, 1pm (UTC) and displayed until the campaign has ended.
We periodically review the landing page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals to our customers. We reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page, or re-apply discounts to items for any reason at our sole discretion.
Will you add more items during the sale?
On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
Who is responsible for changing the price of items?
All item prices will be automatically changed at the specified times of each batch. Promotional prices are applied to selected Cyber Monday items on 24th November, 12:30am (UTC) and to selected Black Friday items on 26th November 12:30pm (UTC).
After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on 2nd December, 1:30am (UTC) You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
- We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign, which batch of items it will be in and additional information about the campaign process.
- We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
- The discount will be applied to Cyber Monday items on 24th November, 12:30am (UTC)
- Cyber Monday items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched from 24th November, 1am (UTC).
- The discount will be applied to Black Friday items on 26th November 12:30pm (UTC).
- Black Friday items will be added to our dedicated landing page from 26th November, 1pm (UTC).
Why are campaign items discounted before the landing page and marketing goes live?
There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our campaign landing page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.
Will this campaign count towards the 60 days that this item can be discounted per year?
No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.
Can I update my extended license type of an item in the campaign?
The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (on 4th November), the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 2nd December, 1:30am (UTC).
Any other questions?
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.