2020 Envato Cyber Monday Campaign FAQ

Our 2020 Cyber Monday / Black Friday sale is now on! Check out the landing page here:

What is the Cyber Monday Sale Campaign?

Cyber Monday is the biggest sale event on the calendar! Envato’s marketing team are putting together a Cyber Monday campaign that will feature 50% off ~500 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive and AudioJungle on a dedicated campaign landing page. Our campaign will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.

Our Cyber Monday campaign will be live between Tuesday 24th November 1am (UTC) and Wednesday 2nd December 1am (UTC) 2020.

This year will be bigger than ever, with an extra ~100 items added to the campaign landing page for Black Friday, another major sale day when customers are actively looking for deals.

What is the difference between Cyber Monday Sale items and Black Friday items?

Selected items will be added to our landing page in two batches:

Cyber Monday Items at a 50% discount off their normal sale price. These will be displayed on the landing page throughout the full campaign period. All items will be listed in the main section of the campaign landing page and a limited selection of these items will be displayed in the top feature section for a portion of the campaign period.

Black Friday Items also at a 50% discount. These will be added to the landing page on Thursday 26th November, 1pm (UTC) and stay there on sale for the remaining campaign period. For the first 72 hours after they are added, Black Friday Items will all be specially labelled in the main section of the campaign landing page. A limited selection of these items will also be displayed in the top feature section for a portion of the campaign period.

Envato staff will choose whether nominated items will be selected as Cyber Monday Items or Black Friday Items.

Detailed timeline of events

• Thursday 15 October: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Sunday 25 October: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Wednesday 4 November: We will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
  • Tuesday 24 November: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Cyber Monday items at 12:30am UTC. The campaign landing page is live from 1am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
  • Thursday 26 November: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Black Friday items at 12:30pm UTC and they are added to the campaign landing page at 1pm UTC.
  • Wednesday 2 December: Promotional campaign ends at 1am UTC and item prices will be returned to their original price automatically.

Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here.

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in these threads:

Will the feature section of the landing page be used during this campaign?

There will be two sections of the landing page to display sale items. All selected items will be displayed in the main sale section, while a limited number of items will also receive special exposure in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page.

The feature items are hand-picked by Envato staff from all items nominated by authors and represent the most popular items Envato Market has to offer. While we can’t promise that your items will definitely be chosen, we’d love to see the best of your portfolio nominated for consideration. This year we will be rotating the items in the feature section during the campaign.

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email by Wednesday 4th November. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign landing page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (4th November), please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.

If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Once an item has met all our promotional criteria and has been scheduled into our campaign, it will appear on our campaign landing page for the specified period of time. Cyber Monday Sale items will be displayed for the full campaign period and Black Friday Bonus items will be added on the 26th November, 1pm (UTC) and displayed until the campaign has ended.

We periodically review the landing page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals to our customers. We reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page, or re-apply discounts to items for any reason at our sole discretion.

Will you add more items during the sale?

On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the specified times of each batch. Promotional prices are applied to selected Cyber Monday items on 24th November, 12:30am (UTC) and to selected Black Friday items on 26th November 12:30pm (UTC).

After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on 2nd December, 1:30am (UTC) You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
  • We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign, which batch of items it will be in and additional information about the campaign process.
  • We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
  • The discount will be applied to Cyber Monday items on 24th November, 12:30am (UTC)
  • Cyber Monday items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched from 24th November, 1am (UTC).
  • The discount will be applied to Black Friday items on 26th November 12:30pm (UTC).
  • Black Friday items will be added to our dedicated landing page from 26th November, 1pm (UTC).

Why are campaign items discounted before the landing page and marketing goes live?

There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our campaign landing page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.

Will this campaign count towards the 60 days that this item can be discounted per year?

No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.

Can I update my extended license type of an item in the campaign?

The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (on 4th November), the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 2nd December, 1:30am (UTC).

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

7 Likes

Hey! Exited to be a part, I have 2 questions tho:

1. Are you the ones who are applying the discount to the items or should we go into the discount settings and create a 50% discount for those dates?

2. If I want to submit multiply products, it’s one per form, right?

Best
Daniel

1. envato team will mange the discount pricing. you should not do anything for this.
  2. yes, each item per form
1 Like

Thanks @mgscoder :slight_smile:

Hi @21aerials - the above answers are correct. Multiple nominations are fine, but you’ll need to fill out the form separately for each item.

1 Like

hi @BenLeong thanks for your hard working.

I wanted to ask you if there’s a reason why the Campaign promo didn’t appear in the Dashboard this time. Very often when there’s a promotional Campaign you guys drop a nice message on the Author’s Dashboard to come visit the Forum and Nominate products for the campaign.

Envato sent us the email to participate and nominate products, but I just wanted to point out that I missed the email in the past a couple of time and when this happens I basically don’t nominate my files :slightly_smiling_face:

Also to other fellow authors happened and that’s because the email goes in the promotional folder for some Gmail accounts.

Would be cool to always have the message in the Dashboard

1 Like

Hi @Giallo! Which marketplace’s dashboard were you looking at?

Campaign nomination announcements should be visible in the AudioJungle, VideoHive, GraphicRiver, ThemeForest and CodeCanyon author dashboards at the moment (published on Monday) - if any of them aren’t currently displaying that message, please let me know and I’ll see what’s happened.

We published the callouts on the forums first, then the Author Newsletter, and then in the dashboards this time - dashboards bring in a lot of our campaign nominations, so they’re definitely an important part of promoting any new event :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the reply @BenLeong there’s no message in the Graphicriver Dashboard
for me, but I fellow friend author and had it so it might be my personal bug or maybe I even dismissed the message accidentally (?) it might be the case

I just wanted to let you guys know it in case it’s a bug: there’s no message in the Dashboard on Graphicriver for me about the current Campaign. Not a big deal if the solution isn’t clear

thanks!

1 Like

One of my item currently on discount. and, it does end of 3rd November. So, Can I apply for this item in Cyber Monday sale?

Sorry @HarnishDesign - I only just saw your question :frowning:

With the new ADI (author discount) tools, the rules around item eligibility have changed from last year’s campaign.

An item is still eligible for nomination in an Envato-led campaign, even if it has had an author-driven discount within that 30 day period. If selected, the campaign discount is applied to the item’s regular full price - so, for example, if an item has a regular price of $10 and you’ve been running a discount prior to Cyber Monday, the campaign price would be applied to that $10 price.

Items cannot be nominated if the base price has been changed within that 30-day window. For example, if you chose not to use the ADI tool to set a % discount with an expiry date, and instead reduced the item’s base cost.

The distinction between those two types of discount should be clearer, and I apologise for any confusion that it’s caused. There is a new Author Help Centre article currently being prepared that covers things like Envato-led campaigns - I’ll make sure this is laid out clearly in there.

Nominations closed on schedule last night, and the nomination forms have all been closed.

This year I think we hit a record, with a total of 8,556 items nominated across the five participating marketplaces! The Campaigns team has now started gathering all the necessary analytics data to select items for the campaign landing page.

For those interested, here’s what the final nominations list looks like:

• ThemeForest: 1,203 items
  • CodeCanyon: 778 items
  • AudioJungle: 3,169 items
  • VideoHive: 2,428 items
  • GraphicRiver: 978 items

The next step is item selection (in progress right now), and then we’ll contact the authors of all selected items on Wednesday November 4th. Good luck to all those who nominated items!

Hi, I totally forgot this campaign and I’ve applied a discount to product that you choose via Manage Discount option. In this situation the product is still qualified for this campaign? It’s no problem if the discount applies to the current price. Thank you!

So basically there is no sale for professionals, just %50 for people who want to make things for fun?

Hi @Foodsam. What types of items were you looking for in the sale?

Hi there! I came back today to buy the WoodMart WP Theme (knowing that the campaign is ending today, 2nd of December) and I had the surprise to see that the price is no more on sale :frowning:
Reading more carefully the FAQ, I found out that the end was at 1 AM UTC.
Is there any chance to buy the theme with the discount?
I know it is my fault because I wrongly understood the end of the campaign, but I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much! :pray:

Unfortunately, after the campaign has ended you can no longer get the discounted prices. For future occasions, never wait until the last day!

Oh, ok… Any new campaigns coming soon? Something for Christmas? :gift: Thank you!

I think there is no such campaign in very near future. But in envato market for Authors has a Discount Tools features (with some specific rules) and author can make their item discounted using that tools and the item will go for ‘On sale’ for the selected time.

If you check Cyber Monday campaign page: https://envato.com/c/cybermonday-blackfriday/
you will see some links which will take you the discounted items page in envato market. Also you can search envato market to find out discounted items anytime in the year.

1 Like

Yes same issue as @alistar_alex - I had added 6 products to cart on 1st december and thought will complete purchase next morning as date was 2nd December and I missed out the 1AM UTC which was mentioned. I thought its entire day 2nd December - As I went to checkout the offer (maybe 1 hour after the 1AM UTC) had ended so I immediately contacted support, but they said nothing possible. I think going forward when the end date is mentioned try to have it till end of day across the world so if its 2nd December have it till say 11:59PM UTC and if you want to end it earlier keep it the day earlier, so in this case you should have kept it till say 11:59 on 1st December so users would be aware that offer ends on 1st and not 2nd.

1 Like

Thanks @hadnow - I’ll raise that with our Campaigns team, for planning future events.

@alistar_alex Cyber Monday / Black Friday is our last big marketing campaign for 2020, but there are items on sale throughout the year - you can find a list of all the currently discounted ThemeForest items here.

1 Like