Youtube monetisation claim on copyrighted material (that I have purchased a license to use)

I made my first purchase via envato the other day and used the music in my first YouTube video. I bought it along with a license to broadcast for up to 10 million views. I don’t know what has happened but the composer is claiming the right to monetise my video. As it is not sponsored in anyway and I purchased everything in it myself (including the track), I am out of pocket already. Can someone please advise me on how to handle this? I thought I had done everything correctly… and still believe I have.

Hello,

This most likely means that the music is registered with ContentID. This is a protection against unlicensed uses. Your license allows you to easily clear the claim. Simply go to this page and fill out the form and write in the message box that you have licensed the music and copy the content of your license. The claims is then usually resolved within a few hours.

Hope it helps.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! I have sent an explanation through and I hope they will help me.
Best wishes!

2 Likes

Just contact the author.