YouTube Content ID Policy Update on AudioJungle

EricSchwartz said
NoizMan said

It would be nice if we could add a text ( about the content ID - youtube thing ) to our files without uploading the whole zip folder.

Hey NoizMan, this shouldn’t be the case. The description/attribute edit form is completely separate from the file upload/resubmission form, so you are able to update your item’s information separately, without having to change or upload your item files.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to say that, I want to add a text file in the zip file explaining the process. I am editing the item descriptions as required but I don’t think that all buyers are reading the whole thing. A text file in the zip folder may take more attention. In this case I need to re-upload all my files. You may think about giving us an option to add/replace a text file seperately which will be downloaded automatically with the zip file when buyer hits the download button or Envato may add this text file ( or send an automatic e-mail ) to the items which are marked as ‘YouTube Content ID Registered’.

NoizMan said
EricSchwartz said
NoizMan said

It would be nice if we could add a text ( about the content ID - youtube thing ) to our files without uploading the whole zip folder.

Hey NoizMan, this shouldn’t be the case. The description/attribute edit form is completely separate from the file upload/resubmission form, so you are able to update your item’s information separately, without having to change or upload your item files.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to say that, I want to add a text file in the zip file explaining the process. I am editing the item descriptions as required but I don’t think that all buyers are reading the whole thing. A text file in the zip folder may take more attention. In this case I need to re-upload all my files. You may think about giving us an option to add/replace a text file seperately which will be downloaded automatically with the zip file when buyer hits the download button or Envato may add this text file ( or send an automatic e-mail ) to the items which are marked as ‘YouTube Content ID Registered’.

Ah you’re right, that would indeed require a reupload of the item.

If you do add a text/readme file to your items in this way, I recommend simply linking buyers to the YouTube Content ID Help Center article on Envato Market, in case anything should change to the process or details in the future, the information in your items will remain up-to-date and you won’t have reupload all of your files once again (e.g. if YouTube changes it’s clearance process, etc).

EricSchwartz said
NoizMan said
EricSchwartz said
NoizMan said

Hi Eric,

Ah you’re right, that would indeed require a reupload of the item.

If you do add a text/readme file to your items in this way, I recommend simply linking buyers to the YouTube Content ID Help Center article on Envato Market, in case anything should change to the process or details in the future, the information in your items will remain up-to-date and you won’t have reupload all of your files once again (e.g. if YouTube changes it’s clearance process, etc).

Thank you Eric, that’s a clever recommendation. Cheers.

Eric, Thank you for the information.

Iam unsure if I shall use adrev. What happens to the clients who bought before adrev. I cant contact them, is there some upcoming trouble for the clients.

Extremely helpful! The Awkward Ninja is grateful!

When I re-edit the text in my tracks so that they are listed for Content ID with AdRev, the actual Content ID banner doesn’t show up under my track once I return to the Item details page.

Does anyone know why? Is this a bug or does it just take time to update?

Thanks

Gae47 said

When I re-edit the text in my tracks so that they are listed for Content ID with AdRev, the actual Content ID banner doesn’t show up under my track once I return to the Item details page.

Does anyone know why? Is this a bug or does it just take time to update?

Thanks

Hey Gae,

You have to add it manually using the code snippet Eric has provided in the original post. Just copy/paste the code at the very top of your description.

PurpleFogSound said

Hey Gae,

You have to add it manually using the code snippet Eric has provided in the original post. Just copy/paste the code at the very top of your description.

Got it! Thanks Pierre. :slight_smile:

Great article! I’m happy to see Envato supporting this topic. Cheers! Now to go update my items!

Hey Everyone!  Just a quick update here.

Now that everyone has had time to familiarize themselves with the details of the new attributes, we've gone ahead and removed the "N/A" option from the YouTube Content ID Registered attribute.

So when uploading or editing your music items, you must now actively select either "Yes" or "No" depending on whether your music is registered with YouTube's Content ID system or not.

To recap:

• If your song is registered with YouTube Content ID, you must select "Yes" for this attribute.
  • If you select "Yes", you must also specify which platform you've registered your music with in the YouTube Content ID Administered By attribute.  If you selected "No" above, you can simply leave this box blank.
  • You are not required by us to register your music with the YouTube Content ID system, this is entirely your own personal choice as the rights owner.  Again if you choose not to, simply select "No" and leave the text box blank.

For more author information on this topic please see our Help Center article on Registering Your Music With YouTube Content ID.

Very nice!

Great news!
Thanks, Envato!

EricSchwartz said

YouTube Content ID

Hey Everyone!

As many of you know there’s been lots of community discussion on AudioJungle recently around the use of and clearing copyright notices with YouTube’s Content ID and related partner platforms such as AdRev.

We’ve taken this opportunity to clarify our policy and information around this topic for both authors and buyers. Read more over on the Market Blog.

We’ve also published two new articles in our Help Center:

1. For Authors: Registering Your Music With YouTube Content ID
  2. For Buyers: Buyers Guide to YouTube Content ID

We hope this will help to clear up and improve these issues for everyone involved.

Thanks!

Great that Audiojungle takes care of this, but I need to ask a stupid question. where do I find the You Tube Contend IDs on Youtube ? Is this the number displayed behind the “watch” links shown in the browser ? or is this something different ?

This is a great innovation! thanks to the team Envato!

Well done, Envato. There couldn’t have been a better outcome for the situation. :slight_smile: