YouTube Content ID Policy Update on AudioJungle

YouTube Content ID

Hey Everyone!

As many of you know there’s been lots of community discussion on AudioJungle recently around the use of and clearing copyright notices with YouTube’s Content ID and related partner platforms such as AdRev.

We’ve taken this opportunity to clarify our policy and information around this topic for both authors and buyers. Read more over on the Market Blog.

We’ve also published two new articles in our Help Center:

1. For Authors: Registering Your Music With YouTube Content ID
  2. For Buyers: Buyers Guide to YouTube Content ID

We hope this will help to clear up and improve these issues for everyone involved.

Thanks!

A big step forward! It really is a good thing that AJ formally acknowledges ContentID.

The buyer’s guide to Content ID clarifies everything for buyers.

One thing though, you suggests buyers use the Youtube dispute process to clear claims. It’s actually much quicker to ask Adrev to clear the claim directly.

As an Adrev registered author, I finally feel supported by Envato on this important subject.Thanks Eric!

Hey, thank you for these articles! But do we still need to add that html code to the description of items on our own even though there’s a “YouTube Content ID Registered” attribute?

Well done Envato! Thank you for helping to clarify. The rules make sense.

Question:

Does this change mean we have to go back through our portfolios and add the prescribed language, or does this apply to all forthcoming submissions?

PurpleFogSound said

One thing though, you suggests buyers use the Youtube dispute process to clear claims. It’s actually much quicker to ask Adrev to clear the claim directly.

Yep we point this out in the buyer help article as well, under “How to clear a YouTube copyright notice”, it’s the second bullet point :slight_smile:

EricSchwartz said
PurpleFogSound said

Yep we point this out in the buyer help article as well, under “How to clear a YouTube copyright notice”, it’s the second bullet point :slight_smile:

Oh right! I haven’t had my coffee yet, my bad.

Then good job all the way! :slight_smile:

WorldBeyond said

Hey, thank you for these articles! But do we still need to add that html code to the description of items on our own even though there’s a “YouTube Content ID Registered” attribute?

Yes. The HTML snippet provides a bit more helpful information for buyers who may not be aware of what Content ID is, and also serves to link them directly to the Help Center article for more information.

MusicBoxStudios said

Well done Envato! Thank you for helping to clarify. The rules make sense.

Question:

Does this change mean we have to go back through our portfolios and add the prescribed language, or does this apply to all forthcoming submissions?

Yes, if your music is registered with YouTube Content ID you will need to add these attributes/snippet to all of your items.

If you music is not registered, you should also go through and select “No” for your existing items as well.

Thanks!

Thanks, Eric, good news :slight_smile:

Great news, this makes things clear for all buyers and keeps it consistent! I’ll start updating my portfolio right away :slight_smile:

Thanks Envato!

EricSchwartz said

Yes, if your music is registered with YouTube Content ID you will need to add these attributes/snippet to all of your items.

If you music is not registered, you should also go through and select “No” for your existing items as well.

Thank you. I’ll get started on the process tomorrow morning.

This is great news! I’m glad my portfolio is not that big atm :slight_smile:

MartijndeBont said

Great news, this makes things clear for all buyers and keeps it consistent! I’ll start updating my portfolio right away :slight_smile:

Thanks Envato!

yup since your track get ripped on youtube repeatedly martin. i hope none of our tracks will face this problems anymore.

soundgridmedia said
MartijndeBont said

Thanks Envato!

yup since your track get ripped on youtube repeatedly martin. i hope none of our tracks will face this problems anymore.

I know, sad but true… I added my full portfolio to Adrev a couple of days ago!

I am probably being stupid but I copy the provided html code and it does not show on the item description.

Thank you for this system! It’s a big step forward!

However: Is it really so that you couldn’t make some kind of shared textfield that would be shown in every item of your portfolio (which would be optional of course) / batch system where you could for example toggle this AdRev switch in every item? For us with big portfolios this kind of manual work is extremely tedious and unrewarding. I am definitely not looking forward to spending time I could be spending for example producing new music wading through forms and doing repetitive clicking just because I have to when I know, there could be better way to do this process.

gballx said

I am probably being stupid but I copy the provided html code and it does not show on the item description.

Thanks for pointing that out, looks like the quotation marks were formatted incorrectly in the article. Should be all fixed now!

Here’s the snippet you can copy as well:

Thanks Eric, that works.

All good now! :slight_smile:

Maybe change on the image “This track” to “This track(s)” for music packs?