YouTube Content ID Policy Update on AudioJungle

AlumoAudio said
Sonicbyte said

One quick question, is ‘ok’ If I upload watermarked versions of my songs to, for instance, AdRev or should I always must to upload the original clean file?
I ask this because I have most of my watermarked version of my songs uploaded on SoundCloud or dropbox and it’s easier to connect those services directly to bulk upload everything than just go one file at the time.

Thanks

I asked them about this some time ago and they advised to only upload the clean, unwatermarked files via their site, as they need to get an accurate digital fingerprint of the music. Hope that helps.

Great, thanks AlumoAudio !

Hi everyone

I might a bit late to the party, but I am a bit confused and would be happy to get some answers.

1. Which service do you recommend using?

2. Is it enough just to register on Youtube content ID service or do I need another service on top of the youtube content ID (Adrev and such).

3. Will it hold for previous tracks? I mean, what if someone bought an item a year ago, and I only register the item now? Because I understood that youtube scans the video while it’s being uploaded.

4. Do you recommend registering my tracks?

5. How do I clear a claim?

6. When a video is being flagged, what do I do? I mean, let’s say it’s being used illegally, what are my options?

Thanks everyone!
IDMusic said

Hi everyone

I might a bit late to the party, but I am a bit confused and would be happy to get some answers.

1. Which service do you recommend using?

2. Is it enough just to register on Youtube content ID service or do I need another service on top of the youtube content ID (Adrev and such).

3. Will it hold for previous tracks? I mean, what if someone bought an item a year ago, and I only register the item now? Because I understood that youtube scans the video while it’s being uploaded.

4. Do you recommend registering my tracks?

5. How do I clear a claim?

6. When a video is being flagged, what do I do? I mean, let’s say it’s being used illegally, what are my options?

Thanks everyone!

Hi mate. I`ll try to provide you some answers.

1. AudioTrend is using AdRev

2. Dont know how to register anything right on Youtube. As far as I know, AdRev is providing "Youtube Content ID" service. Other sites too, but I dont know about them.

3. You can register all your previous works. They are need to be protected too. Not sure how the system works, will old videos be scanned or not. Would like to know myself.

4. Sure, if you want to protect your author rights.

5 & 6. You should provide the info to the buyer on the items page. Exact text you will find here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/204484670 . In this case buyer should clear everything himself. But If buyer purchased the track, got the claim, and doesnt know what to do with it, he most likely will contact you. Ask him to send the License Sertificate, to prove that he is your real client, and his video links. Then you just need to click “Submit link” in your AdRev account and paste his Youtube links. Claim must be removed within couple of days max.

Hope this will help you! :slight_smile:

Updated my 232 tracks in like a 45 minutes! :slight_smile: Was feeling after like a zombie or something.

Does anyone could please find ( or make) video how all to do, please…

anthony_verevskoy said

No worries, there is not much to do. 1. Register in AdRev, submit your tracks there 2. Read info here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/204484670 3. Reply on customer e-mails in case they don`t understand how to clear the claim. You will have to simply do it yourself in you AdRev account,

Don`t know what else, this is so simple, mate. :slight_smile:

AudioTrend said
anthony_verevskoy said

No worries, there is not much to do. 1. Register in AdRev, submit your tracks there 2. Read info here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/204484670 3. Reply on customer e-mails in case they don`t understand how to clear the claim. You will have to simply do it yourself in you AdRev account,

Don`t know what else, this is so simple, mate. :slight_smile:

Oh great fellow! Thanks a lot for Your help, will try to all that. ThanX

An important recordatory for new AdRev members:

In some videos you can see “AdRev Protects Music in This Video” mini ad appearing to the left on the video. And this mini ad appears even if the customer release the claim! It is an important issue. That is, even though the owner has purchased a license, the advertising will continue to appear, which is not very professional.

To remove it, I recommend sending this text (written by bluexmusic) to adrev:

Hello, I’m a royalty-free musician, and I would like to opt out of the “AdRev Protects Music in This Video” ad that’s showing up on videos using my music.

Best,

yourname

Hi, Guys, I’ve just applied for http://adrev.net. Tell me what happens next? I just get ID for all my items, and then I have to update my portfolio? Or should I go somewhere, all the tracks? How much time is required to obtain ID numbers?
Thanks.

EricSchwartz said

YouTube Content ID

Hey Everyone!

As many of you know there’s been lots of community discussion on AudioJungle recently around the use of and clearing copyright notices with YouTube’s Content ID and related partner platforms such as AdRev.

We’ve taken this opportunity to clarify our policy and information around this topic for both authors and buyers. Read more over on the Market Blog.

We’ve also published two new articles in our Help Center:

1. For Authors: Registering Your Music With YouTube Content ID
  2. For Buyers: Buyers Guide to YouTube Content ID

We hope this will help to clear up and improve these issues for everyone involved.

Thanks!

Agree!

Hi,

I want to know: If I'll not use content ID, my AJ's account will not be blocked in future?

Ane_Novak said

Hi,

I want to know: If I'll not use content ID, my AJ's account will not be blocked in future?

Content ID is an optional procedure. The main reason authors use it and AdRev is to track down illegal / un-licensed uses of their music. They then can choose to monetise the video with ads, or take other actions such as muting the content that is theirs.

Don’t worry, your account will not be affected whether you choose to use Content ID or not. That’s completely up to you.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a new tool I created recently that may help you update your portfolio with the YouTube Content ID attributes, and more.

Introducing the Item Updater, a Chrome extension that let's you systematically set and update the attribute values across any number of your Envato Market items, easily and automatically.

The Item Updater will also optionally use the provided attribute values and apply them as defaults on the item upload page if you choose.

It's free to install and use from the Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/item-updater-for-envato-m/aphjbcgcmimimmdmmbokaedjmabgdpoj

Quick tips for adding YouTube Content ID attributes and HTML snippet

For adding the Content ID details to your items you would enter something like this:

Attribute Names

Prepend Description
YouTube Content ID Registered
YouTube Content ID Administered By

Attribute Values

Yes
AdRev

Note: The "

" after the snippet text will put a blank line between the snippet and the rest of your description for nicer spacing.

Vocals Validation

One other thing to look out for, if you have older items that haven't had the "Vocals" attribute set yet, the item edit form will not validate and will be unable to submit the update for those items. To ensure the Item Updater works here, simply do the following:

1. Add the Vocals attribute name to the list, and enter N/A as it's corresponding value.
  2. Make sure the "Overwrite Existing Attribute Values" setting is unchecked/disabled.

This means it will select the "No Vocals" checkbox for any items where the Vocals attribute is missing/unset, while items that already have existing Vocals attribute values (e.g. Lead Vocals, Vocal Samples, etc) will remain unchanged.

Hope you find this helpful as I have!  Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.  Enjoy :)

SchwartzSound said

Introducing the Item Updater

Wow :wink: Thanks Eric!

JamesVMusic said
Ane_Novak said

Hi,

Content ID is an optional procedure. The main reason authors use it and AdRev is to track down illegal / un-licensed uses of their music. They then can choose to monetise the video with ads, or take other actions such as muting the content that is theirs.

Don’t worry, your account will not be affected whether you choose to use Content ID or not. That’s completely up to you.

While we will always do our best to give you the opportunity to remedy the situation, failure to follow the above guidelines may result in potential disablement of your item(s), or worst-case scenario your account.

it is not optional . A force and deadlines are clearly described . These dates will soon come to an end )

In the interest of clarity and a consistent experience for AudioJungle buyers, we’d ask that you do your best to update your items within one month’s time.

cleanmindsounds said
JamesVMusic said
Ane_Novak said

Hi,

While we will always do our best to give you the opportunity to remedy the situation, failure to follow the above guidelines may result in potential disablement of your item(s), or worst-case scenario your account.

it is not optional . A force and deadlines are clearly described . These dates will soon come to an end )

In the interest of clarity and a consistent experience for AudioJungle buyers, we’d ask that you do your best to update your items within one month’s time.

Hey folks, as JamesV said, whether or not you choose to register your music with YouTube Content ID is optional and remains up to the individual authors’ choice and what they feel is best for them and their music.

Regardless of whether you choose to register your music or not, we ask that you update your item attributes as soon as possible to ensure clarity for buyers. If you do not have your music registered, simply choose “No” for the YouTube Content ID Registered attribute.

That’s all there is to it :slight_smile:

However, the procedure is not sufficiently transparent. It is not clear how to get the ID for their tracks. What to do with logos, sounds or music packs they also need an ID? I have to download all the tracks in the database?
Is it possible to download them directly with the audiojungle??? (this is the main question =)
Or I need upload from your hard drive? For old authors is really hard. I need to find items that are loaded four years ago on the hard drive and do not miss any, as well as not to load too much. Since some works have been removed from the portfolio but are on the hard disk.

What do you think , and what more attractive to buyers? Tracks with ID content or not.

It would be nice if we could add a text ( about the content ID - youtube thing ) to our files without uploading the whole zip folder.

NoizMan said

It would be nice if we could add a text ( about the content ID - youtube thing ) to our files without uploading the whole zip folder.

Hey NoizMan, this shouldn’t be the case. The description/attribute edit form is completely separate from the file upload/resubmission form, so you are able to update your item’s information separately, without having to change or upload your item files.