Wordpress Theme Rejected (Request For Comments)

I need help from my Gurus! My theme was rejected.

1. What does this mean > “…unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.”

It still means I can improve on the theme and re-submit right? I mean, I can still use the same aesthetic concepts and I just need to improve on features right?

1. Can the gurus critique my demo? Please help point out what I need to improve on > http://demo.javuthemes.com/uberads/

Thanks!

Hi,

1. It means your item was hard rejected and you will not be able to re-submit this item again, start creating a new one.

Your design is very simple, it has potential but you will need to make a big revamp over your design. Choose a better color palette, try to not use the shadow like in your design it makes it look old, work on your style like buttons/titles(typography).

1 Like

Feature wise, seems good, but design is not upto standards. For Example look at your Navigation, Does it clearly make sense its navigation? and the big margin between items? its not looking good.

Same for your color scheme, text shadows, seems classic old stuff. Try to improve your design, Yes you can re work on this item, and re upload it but as its hard Rejected not with little changes, make it look total different product than what its looking now, I would recommend you first Create HTML and upload that in HTML category if that approves that does not mean wordPress have 100% guarantee but at least you are good with design thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies so far. Hoping other Gurus can give advice as well.

Follow up question, can I still re-use the same theme name after I have significantly improved on the theme design?

Thanks.

Hi hawk95,

What exactly do you mean by typography? Better font styles? variety in font sizes? Thanks!