Will these Computer Specs run Adobe After Effects smoothly? Can anyone be nice enough to help me please?

Will these Computer Specs run Adobe After Effects smoothly? Can anyone be nice enough to help me please? :slight_smile:

CPU, Memory and Operating System: Intel Core i5 i5-4200 dual core processor. 1.6GHz processor speed. 8GB RAM. 750GB SATA hard drive. Microsoft Windows 8. Display features: 15.6 inch screen. High definition display. Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels. DVD optical drives: DVD+RW (read/write). Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400. Shared graphics card. Interfaces and connectivity: 2 USB 2.0 ports. 1 USB 3.0 port. 1 Ethernet port. 1 HDMI port. Bluetooth. Wi-Fi enabled. Multimedia features: Built-in webcam. Built-in mic. Built-in audio sound system. General features: Up to 4 hours battery life. Size H2.72, W38, D26.1cm. Weight 2.6kg. EAN: 4716659784852.

Smoothly: No. These processor and graphics card are not enough to run smoothly.

What Diego said. It’ll work, but it’ll be slow and won;t be fun to work with. If you have to go for a laptop then try and go for something closer to 2.4Ghz (or whatever is near the upper limit these days), and 16Gb of RAM.

Hi GemmaXx,

Just keep in mind that the graphics card is getting more and more important these days with ae.

So get a good one if you have the chance for it.

Plugins like Element 3d are not supported by some cards.(Like intel graphics cards)

The plugin may work but you will get some bugs or won’t be able to render it out.

And most effects are getting gpu based so the better your card is the faster your work will be done.

But of course the CPU is much more important for ae.Otherwise it will be painfull in most projects.